Skip to main content

Don’t sweat it! Keep your phone cool.

Don’t sweat it! Keep your phone cool.

National Ice Cream Day takes place on Sunday, 21st July this year. It’s the perfect excuse to indulge in your favourite frozen treat and celebrate the sweetness of summer. And this year, we’re adding an extra layer of excitement by helping you keep another important part of your life cool - your phone.

What, you want more? Okay then - as part of our celebration we’re also giving away a Ninja Creami Deluxe NC501UK ice-cream maker. So, read on for some handy tips, and don’t forget to enter our giveaway at the end. You could scoop a great prize!

10 tips and tricks to stop your phone overheating

Summertime can be tough on gadgets, especially your phone. Overheating can lead to performance issues, battery drain, and even permanent damage. So here are some simple tips to help keep your phone cool:

1. Don’t stay out too long in direct sunlight

Yes, we’re starting off with an obvious one, but it’s still worth saying. Your phone is like you—it needs some shade on those scorching days. Keep your phone out of direct sunlight whenever possible. Don’t be like this guy in the photo, in other words. Stashing your phone in a bag or even putting it under a hat can make a big difference.

2. Lower your display brightness

High brightness settings can heat up your phone quickly. You should adjust your screen brightness to a lower and more comfortable level, or switch to auto-brightness and let your phone adjust automatically.

3. Close any unused apps

Running multiple apps in the background can overwork your phone, making it hotter. Be honest – do you really need Facebook open all day? If you regularly close apps you’re not using, you’ll be giving your phone a much-needed breather.

4. Turn off unnecessary features

While you’re closing down unused apps, you should also think about turning off any features you don’t need. Things like Bluetooth and GPS can generate heat. Turn them off when not in use and your phone will run cooler.

5. Give it some space

Phone cases can trap heat. If your phone starts feeling warm, consider removing the case temporarily to help it cool down faster.

6. Go into airplane mode

When you don’t need to be connected, switching to airplane mode can help reduce your phone’s workload. This is especially handy if you’re just using your phone for offline activities like reading or taking photos.

7. Keep it updated

Software updates often include optimisations that can help your phone run more efficiently and cool down. So, make sure your phone’s software is always right up to date.

8. Use the coolest accessories

There are quite a few phone cooling accessories out there, such as phone cooling fans or pads. These can be especially useful if you’re using your phone for heavy tasks like gaming or video streaming.

9. Try to avoid quick-charging

Yes it’s super-convenient, but quick-charging generates more heat. If you’re worried about overheating, use standard charging methods. Also, avoid using your phone while it charges.

10. Take a break

Sometimes, the best thing you can do is to simply give your phone a rest. Power it down for a few minutes to let it cool off completely.

Enter our Ninja Creami Deluxe giveaway.

Now that you’re armed with tips to keep your phone cool, it’s giveaway time!  As we said above, we’ve got a Ninja Creami Deluxe NC501UK up for grabs. This incredible ice cream maker can whip up your favourite frozen treats at home, from dreamy ice cream to stunning sorbets. It’s perfect for celebrating National Ice Cream Day and staying cool all through the summer. And if you want to keep on using it into the cold winter months, that’s fine by us too.

To enter the giveaway, simply answer this question in the comments below: What’s your favourite ice cream flavour?

Entries must be submitted by 15th July 2024 at 23:59. So get creative with your answer, and share your favourite flavour memory right now. 

Thanks for joining us in celebrating National Ice Cream Day. Whether you’re enjoying a vanilla cone (classic) or something adventurous like a… Cornetto, we hope our tips help you keep your phone cool and make your summer even sweeter. Good luck with the giveaway!

This topic has been closed for comments

1035 replies

Blackcurrent and clotted cream :)

My fave is Hokey Pokey. Vanilla and Honeycomb pieces. Brings back memories of backpacking around Australia 🌞🥰🍦

Absolutely love White Chocolate Ice-cream I had it when I was 7 years old in Italy and I can still remember how amazing it was. I would actually go back to Italy with my daughter's just to get them to try it.

Mint Choc Chip

Userlevel 1

My favourite ever was an orange ice-cream (not sorbet) I had on holiday years ago. I’d love to try and recreate it! 

Mint choc chip is the king. 👑 

(Also, B&J Phish Food, if we're allowed to drop brand names!  🤤)

Userlevel 1

National Ice Cream Day takes place on Sunday, 21st July this year. It’s the perfect excuse to indulge in your favourite frozen treat and celebrate the sweetness of summer. And this year, we’re adding an extra layer of excitement by helping you keep another important part of your life cool - your phone.

What, you want more? Okay then - as part of our celebration we’re also giving away a Ninja Creami Deluxe NC501UK ice-cream maker. So, read on for some handy tips, and don’t forget to enter our giveaway at the end. You could scoop a great prize!

10 tips and tricks to stop your phone overheating

Summertime can be tough on gadgets, especially your phone. Overheating can lead to performance issues, battery drain, and even permanent damage. So here are some simple tips to help keep your phone cool:

1. Don’t stay out too long in direct sunlight

Yes, we’re starting off with an obvious one, but it’s still worth saying. Your phone is like you—it needs some shade on those scorching days. Keep your phone out of direct sunlight whenever possible. Don’t be like this guy in the photo, in other words. Stashing your phone in a bag or even putting it under a hat can make a big difference.

2. Lower your display brightness

High brightness settings can heat up your phone quickly. You should adjust your screen brightness to a lower and more comfortable level, or switch to auto-brightness and let your phone adjust automatically.

3. Close any unused apps

Running multiple apps in the background can overwork your phone, making it hotter. Be honest – do you really need Facebook open all day? If you regularly close apps you’re not using, you’ll be giving your phone a much-needed breather.

4. Turn off unnecessary features

While you’re closing down unused apps, you should also think about turning off any features you don’t need. Things like Bluetooth and GPS can generate heat. Turn them off when not in use and your phone will run cooler.

5. Give it some space

Phone cases can trap heat. If your phone starts feeling warm, consider removing the case temporarily to help it cool down faster.

6. Go into airplane mode

When you don’t need to be connected, switching to airplane mode can help reduce your phone’s workload. This is especially handy if you’re just using your phone for offline activities like reading or taking photos.

7. Keep it updated

Software updates often include optimisations that can help your phone run more efficiently and cool down. So, make sure your phone’s software is always right up to date.

8. Use the coolest accessories

There are quite a few phone cooling accessories out there, such as phone cooling fans or pads. These can be especially useful if you’re using your phone for heavy tasks like gaming or video streaming.

9. Try to avoid quick-charging

Yes it’s super-convenient, but quick-charging generates more heat. If you’re worried about overheating, use standard charging methods. Also, avoid using your phone while it charges.

10. Take a break

Sometimes, the best thing you can do is to simply give your phone a rest. Power it down for a few minutes to let it cool off completely.

Enter our Ninja Creami Deluxe giveaway.

Now that you’re armed with tips to keep your phone cool, it’s giveaway time!  As we said above, we’ve got a Ninja Creami Deluxe NC501UK up for grabs. This incredible ice cream maker can whip up your favourite frozen treats at home, from dreamy ice cream to stunning sorbets. It’s perfect for celebrating National Ice Cream Day and staying cool all through the summer. And if you want to keep on using it into the cold winter months, that’s fine by us too.

To enter the giveaway, simply answer this question in the comments below: What’s your favourite ice cream flavour?

Entries must be submitted by 15th July 2024 at 23:59. So get creative with your answer, and share your favourite flavour memory right now. 

Thanks for joining us in celebrating National Ice Cream Day. Whether you’re enjoying a vanilla cone (classic) or something adventurous like a… Cornetto, we hope our tips help you keep your phone cool and make your summer even sweeter. Good luck with the giveaway!

Hokey Pokey is my favourite icecream, reminding me of holidays in Cornwall.

My favourite ice cream flavour is either Bubblegum or Mint chocolate chip, I used to love sitting on the beach in Cape Town eating an ice cream cone before going home it was so refreshing in the hot humid summer heat. I’d love to be able to make some.

I love tiramisu flavoured icecream. I can’t have tiramisu as a sweet anymore as I have to be gluten free. So the ice cream gives me the flavour without the gluten.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Congratulations to the winner… @ShahzadKhan!