Mind Over Matter: Top Apps to Help You Find Your Calm - Competition

• 22 February 2021
  • 32 replies
Mind Over Matter: Top Apps to Help You Find Your Calm - Competition

Show first post

32 replies

Userlevel 2

To help my mental health and well-being I try to go outside each day-walks, cycling or gardening.

I have a routine

I practice yoga which I immerse myself in and relax

Userlevel 1

I recently downloaded the calm app for something we were doing at work. I'll be honest I was very sceptical about with very low expectations but honestly it has made such a difference to me. I feel much more relaxed, I sleep a lot better, I would definitely recommend. 

Userlevel 1

I do not sleep well at the best of times therefore I downloaded the Calm App on recommendation from a fellow insomniac who has also found sleeping more difficulty during this pandemic.  This along with increasing my outdoor exercise by walking between 3.5 and 5 miles per weekday has helped, plus I have decluttered wardrobes, drawers, cupboards etc. which was long overdue and tremendously satisfying.

Userlevel 1

Loads of stuff! Walking every day, re-learning the piano (and enjoying it this time!), did a meditation course, keeping busy...

Userlevel 1

I work for the NHS. I try to find happy moments at work, like a smile or a kind gesture. I make a conscious effort to reflect on the happy moments of the day!  

Userlevel 2

Things that have helped me during lockdown are:
1. Getting out every day, come rain, shine or snow for a walk.
2. Sticking to a routine, even when there’s no reason to do so.
3. Keeping in touch regularly with family and friends.

There are two apps I’ve used that greatly helped me too.
a) YouVersion is the Bible on your phone but you can sign up to various daily Bible readings, some particularly helpful in our current situation.
b) Prayer Mate is a prayer planner which reminds me to pray for friends, family and those who are much worse off than me.
So I’ve found getting outside and looking outside of myself has been the best form of self-help during lockdown.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Congratulations @Nigelwarnes you have won this competition! Please check your private message where I shall be in touch with you. 

Thanks, 

Emil 

Why iD Mobile?