Our top hidden phone features

Our top hidden phone features

Show first post

167 replies

Userlevel 1

my favourite go to feature now on the Samsung Galaxy A53 5G is the ability to remaster photos, it’s called AI remastering and allows you to remove shadows and reflections. I found I was able to use this to remove reflections of windows from a photo that was taken from a steam locomotive window. you can access it by going to Gallery > Edit > Remaster Photo.

I help my mum identify birds by using the Google image search on images I take on my Google pixel. The amazing zoom on the camera is essential as I can get great pictures from farther away without scaring the birds. 

Allowing you to bookmark pages as a short cut on the home screen.

Definitely using my camera as a document scanner. Invaluable.

Userlevel 1

My favourite feature is the World clock. It reminds me when ringing around the world not to do it at the wrong time.

Userlevel 1

The double tap on the back of an iPhone to screenshot, so handy! 

Magic eraser, love it😜

I love being able to take a scrolling screenshot. 

Sometimes a single screenshot isn't enough, so being able to use the capture more option when taking a screenshot is so helpful. 

Userlevel 1

My favourite thing about my phone is my phone. It's perfect. Never an issue being with I.d.

I have discovered the night mode for photos amazing pics. Video calls. Messaging. Texting. WhatsApp.

So hard to find one perfect detail when there are sooooo many!!!

A big discovery for me was - extract text feature from an image.

Amazing technology and so incredible useful.

Userlevel 3

My favourite feature is that my phone will occasionally allow me to make a phone call 😎 

Userlevel 1

My favourite is finger print log in but I also love zoom and all camera functions and casting to the TV

I've loved all the smart features, like the automatic transcript on the audio recorder app, or being able to select images or text from multitasking view. I think ultimately my favourite feature is getting regular, timely updates from Google with features and security throughout the year. Helps to keep things fresh but also secure.

Userlevel 1

I like being able to dictate my text messages instead of tyoing

I was going to say the measure app but reading this blog I learned about the Magnify app, which I will now start using a lot to read those annoyingly small ingredients labels on food products and avoid the nasties that somehow make it into our food.

Userlevel 2

My favourite feature is the “off” button 🤣.  Important when you need to escape for a little while.

Userlevel 1

I’m forever buying new fragrances from Europe and the tracking information is never in English. On the iPhone you can highlight a language so the blue box appears and a small list of functions, press right and there is a translate option, it’s so handy and not many people know it’s there. 

I don’t have a tech tip.  but I use the timer on the clock All the Time.  In work, I often use it to remind me to stop doing one task and move on to another.  I use it to tell me to come off my screens.  I use it if I’ve had to put my car on limited parking.  I use alarms often in a similar way, and I’m a big fan of snooze.  not just for the morning lie in, but to remind me to keep going with tasks, or change them - for instance, to stop what I’m doing and get ready to go out in the morning.  My kids despair of all the alarms on all the devices..

I love the Google Lens feature. It helps identify what I am looking at and acts rather like a dictionary or encylopedia but so much faster. It can help me even source where to buy something should I be wanting to as it offers up multiple images of what I am checking out. A great app

Userlevel 2

My fave phone feature at the moment is the one I Learnt from you last week , how to change the clock font . You legends ! 

I recently used Google Lens to scan text from a photocopy of one page of a workbook l, from a book I no longer had, and couldn't remember the title or author of. Lens was able to scan and search, find the book. I am now the owner once again of Fiction Writer's Workshop by Josip Novakovich.

My favourite trick I’ve found on my iPhone se, is having the ability when taking a photo to have it take a few seconds of ‘live’ video action by pressing and holding down the trigger shoot button (home button!) It takes my photos to the the next level! Awesome 

Just using Siri to save typing in message’s makes life so much easier as you get older

Userlevel 1

My favourite feature of my phone is to swipe across the letters on the keyboard for each word to type. Loads of people don't know this feature exists

Userlevel 1

I just found out that if you press the little picture that looks like an old fashioned telephone receiver, you can apparently make calls like you used to be able to on the old phones, you just need a dial so that we can actually use it.

Why iD Mobile?