Blog

Scary Halloween apps to trick your friends

• 29 October 2018
  • 2 replies
Scary Halloween apps to trick your friends
Userlevel 8
Badge
If you’re in a ‘tricking’ mood for Halloween, we’ve unearthed some of the spookiest and scariest apps to get one over on your unsuspecting friends, family and work colleagues. But be warned – some of these are not for the squeamish or those of a nervous disposition.

Scare Prank

Get it FREE on Android

Here’s the deal with Scare Prank. It’s cunningly disguised as a reaction game, where you – or your unsuspecting friend – are asked to perform simple tasks such as tapping the screen when two boats meet each other.
But just as they become fully engrossed and are staring intently at the display, guess what? A horrific ghost-child type thing then flashes up on the screen, accompanied by a blood-curdling scream.
The fake game is very well done, so we reckon it’ll easily fool most people. And if you turn the volume on your phone right up, it’s even more effective!

Scary Prank: Scare Your Friends With Prank Ghosts

Get it FREE on iOS
If you’ve got an iPhone, Scary Prank is the app to go for. It’s the same kind of thing as Scare Prank above – it looks like a game (a fun multiple choice quiz, to be exact), but a screaming ghost jumps out half way through, to turn your unsuspecting victim into a gibbering nervous wreck.

Scare Your Friend

Get it FREE on Android

Scare Your Friend lets you choose a horrifying image and a frightening sound. You then simply hand your phone to an unsuspecting victim, and after the amount of time you specified, all hell breaks loose.
There’s a nice range of set-up choices at the beginning, and the images are great – scary clowns are always a good choice. There’s no actual game or anything to trick your mate with, so you’ll need to do a bit of careful planning to make sure they’re looking at the phone when the fright comes.

Creepy Video Calls

Get it FREE on iOS

If you’ve got a friend with coulrophobia (that’s a fear of clowns), then download this app, tell them someone wants to speak to them, and hand them the phone. They’ll be ‘treated’ to a special video call from a creepy killer clown – voiced by a professional voice actor, no less. Best of all, their reaction will be recorded with your front-facing video camera, so they won’t be able to deny how terrified they were.

Ghost Lens

Get it FREE on iOS and Android

No list of scary apps would be complete without one that lets you add spine-chilling images to your actual real-life photographs. Ghost Lens is one of the best around, because it also lets you create spook-tacular videos. If you’ve ever wanted to see what it looks like when your spirit leaves your body, now’s your chance. If you prefer, you can float in the air, swap body parts or create a ghost twin… the choice of vile video is all yours. And when you’re happy with your macabre masterpiece, you can share it with friends - or indeed, anyone you think might actually believe you’ve captured footage of your very own ghost twin…

If you try out any of these apps over Halloween, let us know how you get on with them. And if you’ve come across any other devilishly good apps to trick your mates, feel free to share. Just reply below.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
I tried Scare your Friend on my brother last night, he isn't talking to me today. Still working out if that is a good or bad thing, yay for scaring your big brother on Halloween though :-)
Rebecca

I found a great range of Halal Sweets to distribute to my Muslim neighbour’s children. They can be quite difficult to buy in stores. 
Halal pick n mix sweets

Why iD Mobile?