World Laughter Day

World Laughter Day
Userlevel 8
Badge +3

World Laughter Day is an annual event celebrated on the first Sunday of May. The day is dedicated to promoting laughter as a universal language of peace and understanding. Laughter has been scientifically proven to have numerous health benefits, both physically and mentally. It reduces stress, boosts the immune system, and improves mood. In addition, laughter is a great tool for bringing people together and breaking down barriers between different cultures and societies.

The history of World Laughter Day

The idea of World Laughter Day was first proposed by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of the Laughter Yoga movement. Laughter Yoga is a unique concept that combines yoga breathing techniques with intentional laughter to create a joyful and uplifting experience. The first World Laughter Day was celebrated in 1998 in Mumbai, India, and since then, it has become a global phenomenon.

On World Laughter Day, people come together in public spaces to laugh, play games, and have fun. The day is celebrated in over 100 countries around the world, with events ranging from small gatherings to large-scale festivals. The goal is to spread the message of laughter and its positive impact on society.

Apps that’ll make you laugh and promote mindfulness

There are also many apps that promote laughter and positivity. Here are two apps that you can use to celebrate World Laughter Day and promote a healthy mind:

Laugh My App Off (LMAO) 

Laugh My App off (LMAO) is the new way of getting your “HAHA’s and LOL’s” on the go! It’s been scientifically proven that laughter is the best medicine and with Laugh My App Off, it is guaranteed to give you the best quips and jests all day long.

iOS - Android

Smiling Mind

This app is a mindfulness and meditation app that is designed to help you reduce stress and improve your mental wellbeing. It offers a range of guided meditations, mindfulness exercises, and relaxation techniques. The app also includes a laughter exercise that you can use to boost your mood and promote positivity. Smiling Mind is available for free on both Android and iOS.

iOS - Android

Giveaway Time! 

This month we want our Community members to come together and make each other laugh! So, we’re asking you to post your best ‘Dad Jokes’ or favorite meme below, and we’ll randomly select a winner.

They can be as funny or cringe as you want!

When posting your joke or meme, please be mindful of other members. Any jokes deemed to be offensive will be removed and members may be banned from using the Community in the future. 

Simply write your response below and click reply. 

Entries close at 23:59 on 31st May 2023, and we'll announce the lucky iD community winner shortly after.

139 replies

Userlevel 1

Did you ever hear about that movie Constipation?

It never came out.

I've just been accepted for a senior position at Old McDonald's farm. 

I'm their new CIEIO.

Userlevel 1

Why do giraffes have long necks? 

because their feet smell 

Userlevel 1

My wife said I should do lunges to stay in shape.

That would be a big step forward.

Userlevel 2

Dad, can you put my shoes on for me?

Sorry son, they won’t fit me.

My dad used to say this to me and I’d groan. Now I hear my husband say this to our kids and they squeal with laughter, especially if he tries to put them on!

Why don't cows wear shoes???

Because... they lack toes.. 

Get it (lactose) 😫😫🤣🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 1

Where do you find a tortoise with no legs? 

Where you left it….🤣

Userlevel 1

I asked my sister what I could get my niece for her birthday. My sister told me she was really into Frozen stuff.

So I got her some oven chips and fish fingers. 

Son. "Dad, what times my dentist appointment today"?. Dad: "tooth hurty, son. "  😂

Userlevel 1

I’m afraid for the calendar, it’s days are numbered.

:)

Userlevel 1

“What did the drummer call his twin daughters? Anna one, Anna two!”

Knocking on the door.

- Who's there?

- Police. Please open.

- Police? And what's going on?

- Please open. we want to talk.

- And how many of you are there?

- Two.

- Then talk to each other!

World Laughter Day is an annual event celebrated on the first Sunday of May. The day is dedicated to promoting laughter as a universal language of peace and understanding. Laughter has been scientifically proven to have numerous health benefits, both physically and mentally. It reduces stress, boosts the immune system, and improves mood. In addition, laughter is a great tool for bringing people together and breaking down barriers between different cultures and societies.

if Honey Bees make Honey what type of Bees make Milk?  Boo Bees!

The history of World Laughter Day

The idea of World Laughter Day was first proposed by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of the Laughter Yoga movement. Laughter Yoga is a unique concept that combines yoga breathing techniques with intentional laughter to create a joyful and uplifting experience. The first World Laughter Day was celebrated in 1998 in Mumbai, India, and since then, it has become a global phenomenon.

On World Laughter Day, people come together in public spaces to laugh, play games, and have fun. The day is celebrated in over 100 countries around the world, with events ranging from small gatherings to large-scale festivals. The goal is to spread the message of laughter and its positive impact on society.

Apps that’ll make you laugh and promote mindfulness

There are also many apps that promote laughter and positivity. Here are two apps that you can use to celebrate World Laughter Day and promote a healthy mind:

Laugh My App Off (LMAO) 

Laugh My App off (LMAO) is the new way of getting your “HAHA’s and LOL’s” on the go! It’s been scientifically proven that laughter is the best medicine and with Laugh My App Off, it is guaranteed to give you the best quips and jests all day long.

iOS - Android

Smiling Mind

This app is a mindfulness and meditation app that is designed to help you reduce stress and improve your mental wellbeing. It offers a range of guided meditations, mindfulness exercises, and relaxation techniques. The app also includes a laughter exercise that you can use to boost your mood and promote positivity. Smiling Mind is available for free on both Android and iOS.

iOS - Android

Giveaway Time! 

This month we want our Community members to come together and make each other laugh! So, we’re asking you to post your best ‘Dad Jokes’ or favorite meme below, and we’ll randomly select a winner.

They can be as funny or cringe as you want!

When posting your joke or meme, please be mindful of other members. Any jokes deemed to be offensive will be removed and members may be banned from using the Community in the future. 

Simply write your response below and click reply. 

Entries close at 23:59 on 31st May 2023, and we'll announce the lucky iD community winner shortly after.

If Honey Bees make honey what type of Bees make milk?

Why does the Norwegian Navy paint Barcodes on the side of their Ships?

So when they return to Port, they can Scandinavian (Scan-da-Navy-in)!

Why iD Mobile?