Question

account pin login

• 13 March 2020
  • 9 replies

I have changed my phone and can now only login with username and password not with my pin

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah mine is Android 10 indeed. It doesn't really bother me anyway as I am using Samsung Pass to remember my login details so its easy to login anyway. Do you have an ETA for fingerprint to be fixed on Android 10 so other would be aware? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Gregor,

Thanks for that! The fingerprint feature isn’t working at present when used on devices running Android 10 and I’m wondering if this is causing the issue. I’m guessing the phones you have used are all operating on Android 10?

Ryan 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Ryan 

So I have tested the app and I found out that I can toggle fingerprint option but it does not change a thing but when I changed PIN to Password it does not let me choose PIN again. Here is the screenshot of a window that comes up when I toggle fingerprint on

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Gregor,

If you do log in with your username and password and then go through the app settings to set up the PIN log in again from scratch, do the changes save/take place from what you can see, and does it make any difference?

Ryan

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The thing is... doesn't matter what we setup, if its pin or fingerprint we will still see this window 

And it does not change with the fingerprint on or off and pin on or off.

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Do you have an option to turn off the Fingerprint Log-in with the app settings?

I’m wondering if without Fingerprint log-in checked, you’d then be offered the option to use a pin log-in instead?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Kevin and @pgdg 

I can confirm that I have the same problem on my Galaxy Note 10. I have setup the App to work with the fingerprint but it does not prompt me to use it. It just asks to input login and password everytime I open the app. It does not bother me to much though as I am using Samsung Pass to remember my login details and autofill the fields for me but this might be more widespread than one user issue. 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

I had a Samsung S8 and now have a S20plus. The app was transferred automatically but I have since uninstalled the app and reinstalled but I still cannot log in with my pin. The settings show the phone is set for pin log in. I then set it to password  and back to pin but it still asks for password

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @pgdg 

What phone had you been on prior?

What phone do you have now?

You didn’t happen to decline the option of logging in via pin when you first re-installed the app or anything did you?

Why iD Mobile?