Solved

Allowance exceeded

• 21 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I have recently upgraded my SIM only contract (from a SIM only deal, to another SIM only deal with unlimited minutes allowance).

I placed the order, received the new SIM card by post, I have activated the new SIM and installed it in my phone.  My online account shows the new allowances.

Now I have just received a text from ID telling me my minutes allowance has been exceeded and that I will be charged for further minutes used.

Why is this? Please can it be corrected.

Kind regards

Simon

@iD Support @iD Mobile 

icon

Best answer by Kevin 28 January 2021, 20:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

@iD Mobile  @iD Support 

Please can you confirm this is now resolved

Simon

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @SimonK 

We are sorry to hear this. You can speak to our Live Chat | iD Mobile Network team who will be able to assist you with this.

-Mohsin

@Mohsin Thanks, but I am not making any progress with the chatbot

Can you private message me and look into my account please?

Simon

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @SimonK 

If your iD Mobile App is stating you have unlimited minutes now @SimonK, and the number you’re calling is definitely not one that is chargeable (i.e. premium-rate numbers), then you should be fine.

Nevertheless, to put your mind at ease we’ll send you a private message to confirm all is right on your account.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Userlevel 1

How can I find out what it is that has caused me to exceed very substantially exceed my data limit? It has never happened before and I only ever use a very small amount of my data monthly allowance. I want to find out to make sure it does not happen again. There is no phone number to speak to an ID mobile agent. Chatbot is useless and I can’t find how to chat with a human agent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Ken T..,

Your bill should provide an itemised charge list when you view this, It’s usually on the 3rd/4th pages onwards etc.

This will give the amounts used and the dates.

In the account, we should be able to provide date & times but we can never see what the data was used on.

You can also (and I’d highly recommend) set a cap in the account at £0.00. This will mean any usage past £0.00 will not be possible, thus preventing you from using data or any out of plan spend.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

That helps Mohammed. I will have to wait until I can view my current bill in a couple of weeks time to see what the data was used on. I will also be able to cap my limit at £0.00 at that time which is a good idea, Thank you

Why iD Mobile?