Apple or Android 📱

Userlevel 8
Badge
I have been loyal to Apple for over 15 years is it time for a change. Maybe its time for an Android? @Hikari has definitely mentioned it to me.. Although, the new iPhone is launching soon? Should I wait and see 👀 if its a match for me 🤔

What are your thoughts? 💭

Apple or Android 📱

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
I am pretty convinced that new iPhone will not bring anything revolutionary to the market, it will be all the same in a slightly different body. I would not be surprised if they would still keep the notch. On the other hand just look what variety Android can offer. OnePlus 7 Pro, Asus Rog Phone 2, Google Pixel 4 just around the corner or even Galaxy Note. All this phones bring something Amazing to the market like screen refresh rate, gaming performance and accessorries, four cameras with the best image processing on the market. What Apple will offer to compete with that? Wireless charging?
Userlevel 3
I'm an iPhone user. I agree with @Hikari that Android do have a lot of great options out there, but I feel a bit stuck in my ways 😁
Userlevel 2
I have had an iPhone since the iPhone 4 and have been told I am a creature of habit.

It all seems to just work, when I get the latest one everything transfers across really easily and effortlessly, this I like. Plus I know how it works inside out. I also have an iPad, Apple Music etc so it all just works together. I don't really want to loose all my apps/content etc so just stick with it.

It's a clever thing Apple have done really as many of my friends are the same, they can't be bothered to start from scratch with someone else.

@Hikari you have some great points and on paper there are some good positives and negatives for both.

That said, I'm an Apple man and probably will always will be unless something so revolutionary comes out from another manufacturer.
Badge +10
I Like subjects like this as it really does separate the wheat from the chaff!!!
This is my experiences with both Android and Apple. (Google and IOS)

I started out with a Motorola V3 and enjoyed messing with the OS and tweaking the settings with software customisation. Then I bought my first Sony mobile and was overwhelmed by the choice Android offered and the possibilities of software customisation. However was sick to the back teeth of over 100 bloatware and unnecessary apps that manufactures put on these devices, these eat out resources and take up memory.

This then started me on the road to Android ROM development. This lead on to Xiaomi MIUI software ROM customisation, as this was always sleek and stripped down with only a few add-on apps. I made it work on the Sony Xperia SP mobile and a few others, then the software started to get really big, the Miui development team overhauled the software and it increased in size exponentially, making it too big for my little Sony mobile.

Then I moved back onto google Android and began tweaking and overhauling the Sony software, which by this time had become open source and they were positively encouraging people to unlock Sony mobiles with a site served unlocking feature. Enabling me to remove all the bloatware and stripping it back so it could go onto any android mobile old or new. Loved the fact I could take the Sony Android source code, strip it back and still make it work... Then like Xiaomi MIUI, google Android announces an overhaul, this meant it becoming bigger and more security was added in the way of double compression, making customising more laborious and time consuming. Sony soon released updates and then my many years of building custom Android ROMs was over...

Love Android for choice and customisation, the Google software is open source so you a free to develop but must adhere to the open source policies. Other manufactures are less open, Sony started releasing open source software but not for all the devices, hence why customisation was so fundamental, you can in essence take one ROM from one mobile and build to work on another, utterly amazing.

I now digress, I first bought a Mac mini, and was surprised that I could still do all the things I did on the PC but better and fast on the Mac... productivity was unparalleled to that on the PC, I digressed, I was still able to develop Android from a Mac a little cumbersome but possible due to my eureka moment with drag-and-drop zip file transfer (anybody that has customised Android ROM's will know you need to sign a ROM otherwise you can't run it, a security feature, which my drag-and-drag idea bypassed).

This is when I decided to give up on Android development and I bought an Apple iPhone 5S, I turned to Apple as their IOS was sleek and came with very little bloatware... so I now had no need to customise it!

Moved onto the iPhone6S, and am always looking to upgrade, but is bigger, better? I am not so sure I would like a bigger pocket bulge!

CONCLUSION:
At the end of the day, what mobile you have is a personal choice, it all depends what you want out of a mobile. I just want to make calls and send text, without bloatware, everything else is just a bonus. In my humble opinion Android is still full of bloatware, even the propriety Google stuff is not without some form of bloat. No wonder people complain about having no memory left on their devices or why it's not got the memory as advertised!

I use my desktop computer for everything else, because everything else can wait, I don't need to keep up to date with anything every second of the day... however if I ever did, I have an iPhone that can do that!

I would like to know what is it that so important that every day I walk to work I see practically everybody looking at their mobiles, apart from me and one or two others? Might make for some great chit chat in the forum?
Userlevel 1
I totally agree I think my next phone I might change to android
Userlevel 2
I’ve always had a apple but all my friends have Samsung’s so I might get a Samsung for my next phone 😊
Userlevel 4
Get a Samsung galaxy note , right now I have the Samsung galaxy s9 plus and I love it
As I know, apple and Android are two different ecosystem. So they won't be compatible with each other. Last month, my nephew want to get an Android TV. I helped him to transfer Apple music to Android TV by simply downloading Apple music as MP3.
Userlevel 2
Android any day as apple is its own ecosystem

Android definitely, I think, really the question is Huawei or Samsung? ;)

Why iD Mobile?