Solved

applying new plan to old number/SIM

• 11 September 2023
  • 4 replies

I currently have a SIM only plan through ID. I found a better plan through uSwitch than was available through upgrading. After ordering, I've now learned that i can't transfer my old number to the new plan.

My question is, can the new plan I've ordered be applied to my old SIM/phone number and that SIM used in the new phone?  I'd therefore not require the new SIM/phone number for the new phone?

icon

Best answer by RentalLeader 11 September 2023, 22:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 3

Hiya,

With regards to this, there is no way to apply new contract deals to existing accounts as these are only eligible for upgrade deals.

However, there is one way you may be able to get around this. You could try moving your number to a 1 month Sim Only plan with another network and then moving back to ID. While not an ideal way of doing it, it would allow you to change your plan to the one you like without needing to change number.

But if you can apply an upgrade plan to an existing SIM, can't another plan that exists within the same provider be applied? Why is it only upgrade plans that are eligible? Makes it look like new customers are favoured over existing ones. I don't want to have to pay more for a plan, that has fewer benefits, just because that's all that's made available to me. This kind of inflexibility just makes me feel like switching network entirely.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It does seem new customers are favoured over existing customers, but when you joined iD Mobile as a new customer @JamesAndy, didn’t you get a new customer deal at that time? 

If you’re not within the minimum term of a contract, and you’re unhappy with the upgrade deals, you could switch to another service provider. Otherwise, maybe call the iD sales team to discuss your upgrade options, on 020-7139-1397.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @JamesAndy,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately we can’t apply new customer deals to upgrade contracts.

However you can perform a triangle port as @RentalLeader advised in order to keep the number.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?