Question

Best time to buy SIM and submit PAC?

• 7 May 2023
  • 2 replies

So my current plan with another provider is running out on the 12th of May and I am planning to switch to iD. I was planning on submitting my PAC online when buying the SIM, however looking at the order page, the earliest I can do this online is the 15th.

Is the best idea in this case just to get it delivered to my home and then request a switch? I hoped I could do it quicker online as I get home from work after 6pm and would therefore miss the 5:30pm cut-off for next day porting for my number.

Also, is the SIM-only delivery usually quite quick or do you think it'll take a little while, especially with the bank holiday?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi

Sounds like you are purchaing a pay monthly plan. so I’d imagine the delay would be caused by setup of the direct debit on a bank holiday week.

I was just about to suggest joining on PAYG (which should allow you to set the port date to 12th) but looking around the site suggests converting to pay monthly from PAYG isn’t possible.

Depdning on how expensive the plan you are moving from is you might be better off just getting the order in and letting your old provider pro rata your bill.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ethan02 

You’ll be able to submit a port to us as soon as your order is completed, however to ensure that the SIM is with you by the time the port completes it could be worth awaiting the SIM to arrive before submitting a port.

If you’re eager for things to happen as quickly as possible, it could be worth visiting your local Currys store and ordering in store to take your SIM home the same day and have the port happen the next working day.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?