Solved

Calls keep disconnecting and ongoing since 16th January 2024

• 23 January 2024
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 4

OK I'm London most of the time and I still have dropped calls regularly. I first reported on here about that issue about Services to this number are not allowed etc and  all calls were regular mobile numbers. Since then the members on here and administration team have posted about such problems and no updates from 17/ 18 January 2024.

So once again I have excellent coverage and I have at least 10 device I've tested my sim card in and same problem all over as I travel all over the UK.

I just want to find out how so many people on ID are experiencing the same problem and and there's no regular updates. 

Also the issue with the voicemail embedded number in the sim card where you can't edit the number to the correct voicemail number of +447782333123 so you can use the voicemail shortcut on your keypad (1). Instead the number is +447782333129 which doesn't allow you to connect to voicemail using the voicemail shortcut, remarks like you can dial 123 or +447782333123 from your phone from admin staff on here is not what we as paying customers need to hear or read. The fault lays with IDMobile like so many faults some over 4  years from what I've seen on here and we read that they have be solved where they clearly have not.

And before I get flooded with questions like have I done x, y, Z yes without going into things I work in this industry engineering side of things. 

Back to my problem of dropped calls, call cutting off while you've been talking has IDM got a network wide problem and is the a stated update on said problem with a progress report. 

Thanks for reading my post. 

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 3 February 2024, 16:35

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Exact same problem here, not been able to make any phone calls this week, the person on the other end can't hear me, data won't work and customer service is shocking.

Seems to be no one from ID actually answering these posts about it, and the ID twitter admin is just as useless

Userlevel 4

Exact same problem here, not been able to make any phone calls this week, the person on the other end can't hear me, data won't work and customer service is shocking.

Seems to be no one from ID actually answering these posts about it, and the ID twitter admin is just as useless

I have you it's just so frustrating.. You would think a service provided would actually announce their network issue and give update responses in a reasonable manner. You name it I've seen it on hear just imagine all those customers having problems for what ever reason and don't or can't report on here let along the useless Live chat thing.. Sick to death to be honest. 

Userlevel 1

We’ve had the same voice message on and off for the last 3 years, and it’s getting worse. Sorry this service doesn’t allow calls for this number. Then cut off ….. 

Userlevel 4

We’ve had the same voice message on and off for the last 3 years, and it’s getting worse. Sorry this service doesn’t allow calls for this number. Then cut off ….. 

On and off for 3 year's and counting.. Hell no this is ridiculous and we're paying for service that we can't use as advertised. More to the point ID Mobile acknowledge the problem back then and now, and as paying customers we get the short straw.

The whole process is totally wrong how faults and customer care are reported and handled. 

An isolated case I can understand but across the UK and many customers reporting issues that's be present for over 3 year's is just not good enough in 2024.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Knightlore,

We are aware of an issue that was fixed today.

However from what you have advised it’s happening quite often.

@JoeKing we can certainly escalate any issues you are having if they haven’t already been raised.

Please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

same issue here,  only been with IDM for 3 weeks and today is the second occasion when I haven’t been able to make any calls.  continuous issues with text messages saying not delivered and calls over the whole 3 weeks dropping out.  simply not good enough.  A mobile provider that can’t supply the basics.  

Userlevel 1

Hi @Knightlore,

We are aware of an issue that was fixed today.

However from what you have advised it’s happening quite often.

@JoeKing we can certainly escalate any issues you are having if they haven’t already been raised.

Please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

issue has not been fixed.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @CC213,

Are you in a area where the coverage is weak?

Has a replacement SIM card been tested in the past?

We can investigate further via PM once we have your response.

Kash

This issue has resurfaced again these last couple of days & today again when I dialed out,  ..after 2-3 mins into the call it disconnects.

Perhaps its still never been resolved and its just I dont noticed it untill I rarely need to make a call .

:-(

Just joined ID mobile. . .this cant continue  :-(

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This issue has resurfaced again these last couple of days & today again when I dialed out,  ..after 2-3 mins into the call it disconnects.

Perhaps it’s still never been resolved and it’s just I don’t noticed it until I rarely need to make a call .

:-(

Just joined ID mobile. . .this cant continue  :-(

If you’re within your iD contract cooling off period, perhaps consider returning your order and switch to another service provider, @sirch777

6 weeks into a sim monthly deal.
So although Im past the 14 days initial cooling down policy, the fact that:
- the sim’s speed dial has never worked (dodgey sim apparently, but reading the forums, replacement sims are also luck of the draw with some not having that issue resolved untill they got to sim no.6 replacement.
- then the disconnecting outbound calls
- I also received a letter from their complaints team I flagged my issue with, they asked me to call their tech support to troubleshoot,  but after 30mins on hold, i gave up.

Even their online community forumns have issues with timing out as you are typing a posting like this one here,  this is my 2nd attempt as the first was lost when clicking send,, and the scenario repeats if you try again with no advisory as to what the issue is,   you have to figure it out that you need to log out the community then back in again.

Honestly, this really isnt worth the special price, I’m absolutely rather prepared to pay a little bit more for something that isnt not-fit-for-purpose 😳

NOTE: its not just specific to ID mobile, so dont bother trying to move to either SMARTY or THREE as its all THREE’s network which is the source of the issue.

https://www.three.co.uk/support/network-and-coverage/network-support

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @sirch777 

Please keep in contact with the complaints team about this so they can continue assistance.

Tom

Userlevel 1

My partner is having problems with her phone as well. We both changed to IDM about a month ago and since changing to this new service she has had problems with making and receiving calls and texting. 

She can be on the phone talking to someone and a few minutes later the line goes dead. Able to ring back but does it again minutes later. Never had a problem with Plusnet or the phone prior to switching

The disconnecting calls is horrendous. And worst of all I had a 30 minute web chat where the person kept sending me to a website page explaining call cost outside of the allowance. I kept having to state that I had an unlimited call package. The customer service chat was shocking.  Wouldn’t acknowledge a fault on the network at all! 

Someone above mentioned it’s the same on all three network providers. I was previously with SMARTY for over two years and never had these problems. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

NOTE: its not just specific to ID mobile, so dont bother trying to move to either SMARTY or THREE as its all THREE’s network which is the source of the issue.

WRONG!!!

Five people in this household use SMARTY and have done for almost two years now and none of us have ever encountered this issue. Also, there have been no complaints raised by any other SMARTY user on the SMARTY community forum. This appears to be an iD Mobile issue.

Thanks 

@WelshPaul 

Thats actually great to know!   I guess Im off to SMARTY then 👍🏻😎

Userlevel 4

Thanks 

@WelshPaul 

Thats actually great to know!   I guess Im off to SMARTY then 👍🏻😎

Unlimited data, and rolling month contract at a very good price and free Wi-Fi on London Underground 🤔😜👍🏾

Why iD Mobile?