Solved

can i use my phone in the isle of man?

Userlevel 1

i am going to the isle of man next week and wanted to check if my phone would work or not.

icon

Best answer by Rory 24 May 2022, 14:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Sophie Jackson, it will work, but you’ll be charged extra for any usage. You can see the prices here. 

Just ensure Roaming is enabled on both your phone and in your iD Mobile account.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

You’re most welcome, enjoy your trip!

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

also, do i need to put my phone into aeroplane mode so i dont get charged a roaming fee or does it not matter?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you set your Bill Cap to £0 and/or turn OFF roaming, in your iD account, that should ensure you won’t be charged a roaming fee while in the Isle of Man.

Are you flying or taking a ferry?

Anyway, enjoy your stay.

Userlevel 1

Taking a ferry.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Be careful on the ferry - lots of ferries provide a satellite based mobile network on-board for their passengers, but these are very expensive to use.

Userlevel 1

Why is the Isle of Man listed on the 50 countries included in usage if nit included?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Why is the Isle of Man listed on the 50 countries included in usage if nit included?

In my experience, live chat agents often seem inexperienced and poorly trained.

Your best option for getting an answer is to ask the iD social media team privately on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by DM (direct message)).

Out-of-hours messages left on facebook or Twitter are handled when the iD social media team next start work.

Good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Pauldeni13 

You shouldn’t be charged extra for included usage in the Isle of Man, as long as you’ve stayed within your allowances you wouldn’t be charged any extra.

Have you been charged for roaming in the Isle of Man? Please let us know if you have.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?