Solved

Changing SIM

• 27 June 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Have SIM only account. Current phone uses micro SIM but the replacement phone uses nano SIM. How do I: (1) get hold of a nano SIM and (2) keep my current number?
Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by Ryan 28 June 2018, 13:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Osbert1,

Welcome to the iD Community!

For us to be able to issue a new SIM, the best way would be to contact us via our Live Chat feature, have you tried this already?

In regards to keeping your current number, is this from a different network? If so, you will need to supply us with the PAC code from your old network and we'll apply this to your account.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Thanks Ryan. I didn't make the situation clear. I have a SIM only account with ID. I wish to change my phone and keep my ID account but, the new phone operates on a nano SIM card and the current phone uses a micro SIM. I will need a new SIM card but also wish to keep the current number.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hey @Osbert1,

Thank you for the clarification. When we issue a new SIM card, upon it's activation your current number will become active on that new SIM card automatically, so you will not have to do anything else to keep it.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Thanks Ryan. That's fully answered my question.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hey @Osbert1,

You're welcome and I'm glad to have helped! If you need anymore assistance then have a look through our community for further support. :)

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?