Solved

Checkout screen not completing order

• 16 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, I've been attempting for the last two days to complete an order for a new phone through ID's website (via uSwitch and Money Saving Expert. Submit all my details including billing and shipping address, but when clicking the "Continue" button nothing happens. I've tried this on multiple browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox - clearing cookies on each occasion) and left the page open for up to 15 minutes in the hope it's just poor page response times, but completely stuck.

Frustratingly going through a price comparison website (and getting to ID's beta checkout page) is the only way to secure this particular deal, as going to ID direct or through my upgrades via the app makes the deal far more expensive.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 16 January 2024, 13:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are you sure you want to purchase a new connection for the iD network, @CharlieJH

If you buy via an affiliate (e.g. MSE, etc.), you get a new connection and new mobile number.

Hi @andewhite thanks for the reply. It was really to secure the deal on the plan. When I try to view my upgrade offers, the nearest I can get fornthe handset concerned provides a lower data threshold and much higher upfront costs. Is there a sales team contact number I could perhaps discuss with? Ideally would prefer not to activate a new connection/number but want to at least discuss whether an upgrade via the app and my account can at least match, or get close to, the affiliate offer.

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Usually, the keenest iD prices are only offered to customers taking a new connection, @CharlieJH.

The iD telesales team may be able to price match the affiliate offers for your upgrade. To discuss this, call 020 7139 1397, during normal office hours.

Perhaps it all depends on whether or not you’d like to keep using your current mobile number.

🍀

Why iD Mobile?