Question

Data Roaming when joined before the 20th June 2023

Hi I joined id before the 20th June 2023, does that mean i have unlimited roaming and am not subject to the 30GB cap as per the below or am i misunderstanding it?

“ Fair usage policy.

Our open data fair usage policy no longer applies, meaning customers who joined iD or upgraded on or before 20th June 2023 can use their full data allowance in our 50 free Roaming destinations without incurring a surcharge. “

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The fair usage page also refers you to your contract’s terms & conditions, @Hollander. Most contracts prior 20-Jun-2023 have the following in their terms: 

data allowance will be calculated in accordance with the EU Roaming Regulations. If your EU Roaming Use exceeds the EU Roaming Data Allowance (RDA), we may apply a Surcharge of £0.25 per MB of data used beyond the RDA, up to the amount your inclusive allowance under your Tariff. Use beyond your inclusive allowance will be charged under your Tariff.

Unfortunately @Hollander, I doubt you’d have unlimited roaming data in an EU destination, but it’s not clear what your RDA for the iD inclusive destinations would be.

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Hollander 

If your current plan began before that date yes, you’ll have unlimited data usage while in an inclusive roaming zone.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?