Solved

Does iD Mobile actually exist ?

• 9 April 2024
  • 2 replies

As a birthday present for my wife I got her a new phone on an iDmobile contract. The phone arrived a few days ago and that was all ok. The trouble started when I tried to transfer her number. I got a PAC code from Lebara and filled in the “Switch to iD Mobile” form on the website. I got a totally useless error message that starts “We’ve tried to process you PAC, but there is a issue”. It doesn’t say what the issue is or how top proceed from this point just that there is an issue. I have now done this 4 times, each time starting from scratch, double checking the information, getting somebody else to check the information, and taking a screenshot each time. Same result each time, useless error message. Apparently the only way to contact iD mobile is via social media so I sent them a message on Messenger yesterday morning, no reply, nothing, it’s just disappeared into a black hole. I did get an email asking me to registered on the app and change my pin, when I tried to do this it said it was unavailable because of too many users ! and I see from this forum that this is an ongoing problem.

Right now I have a nice new phone that my wife can’t use and seemingly no way out of this mess, any suggestions as to how to proceed ?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 9 April 2024, 12:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Steve Gilchrist, if the online PAC submission form isn’t working, best alternative is the iD Mobile Live Chat service.

Avoid the annoying 24/7 chat-bot by typing “talk to a person” while using the online chat.

The Live Chat advisers are available 9am - 8pm on weekdays, and 9am - 6pm at weekends & Bank Holidays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Steve Gilchrist 

We absolutely exist, we are however having large volumes at the moment and may not be able to respond quickly here or on social media.

Have you tried the above from @andewhite?

If not or if you still require assistance, please let us know so we can get in touch.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?