End of contract want to change to SIM only

• 11 April 2024
  • 7 replies

My plan ends in 2 days, and I have being trying daily to select the SIM only plan when my contract ends. On the help pages it states you can do this when your plan is 20 days from ending!? All I am getting is an error message, really frustrating when there isn’t a phone number to call. 

how am I supposed to change anything if the app doesn’t let me, logging in via my browser, also not working. I feel trapped. Hope someone can save me from this, please!? :-/

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

Not a formal response, but I recently upgraded - from a 2-year contract to a rolling (monthly) SIM-only.  This I could do once I was inside 3 months of my end of contract.  But I have no idea whether other factors come into play, e.g. missed bill payments etc.?

It’s not much but I was also able to instigate this upgrade before iD’s new app issues and general log-in outage.  In some ways, it seems oddities are still ongoing even now...

Hi, thanks for the reply. Same, I’m at the end of a two year contract, never missed or had a late payment… this is what I see when I click on the upgrade button: 

I’ve tried everything, even re-installing the app, still get the same… (screaming inside) lol 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

Have you just tried via a Web browser on a computer per chance?  Or even Chrome on a phone...

I have tried on my safari browser on my phone, but hadn’t tried with Chrome, please lord 🙏 quote me happy! 

Thanks 👌

I have been having exactly the same experience unfortunately. We had an app that worked and I have been so happy with the previous service but since 'launching' the new app it has been woefully unusable. After roughly 30 attempts over several days, I thought I had finally checked out yesterday but still not showing the SIM only upgrade. I'm afraid my next step is another provider. Appalling. If your app isn't ready, don't try and launch it. If you do, rollback when it doesn't work. Your customers deserve better IDmobile!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Try + progress through their CHAT page.😐

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Wtaf @Jo Howe,

Welcome to the Community!

The team are working on the app and it should be resolved soon.

If you wish to upgrade in the meantime you can call our Sales Team on 0207 1391 397 .

Kash

Why iD Mobile?