Question

Existing mobile number assigned to someone else while switching to ID using PAC code

• 25 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I just recently tried to switch to ID last week and wanted to keep my existing mobile number which I’m using since last 2.5 years however, unfortunately it has not happened as promised and now I’m struggling to get my existing mobile number back and get this issue resolved. 

Despite following the instructions provided by ID customer service agents over chats, including obtaining a replacement SIM from a Curry's store and providing my PAC code and SIM card details for activation, my existing number was not successfully transferred to ID Mobile as promised. Instead, it appears that my number has been reassigned to another user, causing immense confusion and inconvenience, as my entire life, including business, personal, school, and banking details, is intricately linked to that number.

On top of that despite my best efforts to resolve this matter, including providing transaction details and ID proof, my attempts to seek assistance from your complaint line this morning were met with further obstacles, as I was unable to pass security questions (since my number was assigned to someone else).

It seems to be absolute mess and now I lost my communication, unable to receive calls or access essential services.

Can anyone please help on this issue how to proceed further?

Your assistance on this urgent matter is highly appreciated. 

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry to hear about your switching issues, @Nirav Patel

Unfortunately iD Community members can’t look at other iD customers accounts, for privacy and security reasons. 

Have you tried contacting iD support from their social media pages? 
You can send them a private message using Facebook Messenger or X (formerly Twitter). 

Userlevel 1

I have tried calling on helpline and they told me to send the ID proof and transaction details which I have shared with them but it looks they will take time to get back to me (5 working day) and now I’m in complete loss of communication personally and professionally. So, need to get it resolved at earliest. 
Thanks for your suggestions, I will contact them on Facebook messenger now. 

Userlevel 1

Finally, after 2 days of continuous follow ups, good news comes from ID and they have resolved the issue and now I got my existing number back to work.

Thank you to ID support team who have helped in resolving this issue.  

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Nirav Patel, I’m glad to hear that this has been resolved! If you ever need any further assistance, just let us know and we’ll be happy to send you a PM.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?