Question

false arrieres

• 26 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello, I’ve received comms that I owe £16.50 on my account when I closed it and it’s affecting my credit rating so need this rectifying asap…

I have confirmation screenshots of where I was told this was closed and I owe nothing - see attached.

I can’t get through to customer service and need a letter stating that I owe nothing and to deduct it from my record. 

I need it removing from my credit score

Please can someone advise?

thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you cancelled your direct debit at or around the time you had your live chat, the £16.50 outstanding on your iD account probably wasn’t collected. 

If iD couldn’t collect the £16.50 by direct debit, I suspect you’ve been deemed to have missed a payment. Unfortunately, iD Mobile are obligated to report missed payments, which stay on your credit file for 6-years.

Hello! But I never owed this balance in the first place, as I cancelled the contract within the cooling off period and returned the phone straight away.

I’ll need it removing from my credit rating as I never owed it in the first place, how do I proceed?

thanks 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, the iD Mobile terms & conditions stipulate you start paying for your iD Mobile contract the date the order item(s) gets dispatched, even if you don’t use anything. 

In your situation, I suspect you’ll probably have to go through the hassle of making a formal complaint @Lozzlee, but even this may not get the missed payment removed from your record.

Given you’ve cancelled in your cooling-off period, what does the credit reference agency, and Citizens Advice advise?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Lozzlee,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?