Question

How can I go back to the iD generic voicemail greeting?

• 20 February 2021
  • 8 replies

I hate the voicemail recorded message where it just inserts the name in front of a generic greeting. Before I set this up the voicemail message was all ID's generic voicemail message. How can I get back to this message, or how can I rerecord it. If I dial 123 I can record a complete new message but there is no option to re-record the name or go back to the "factory set" menu. I am using an iPhone 11. Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Peter0727 

Have you maybe tried resetting to default:

1. Go to the Phone app, then tap the Voicemail tab.
  2. Tap Set Up Now.
  3. Enter your password,* then tap done.
  4. Record a custom greeting or use the default greeting, then tap Save.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Thank you Michelle but I'm still having no luck. Do you mean the iPhone Phone App or the ID app?  I can't see a Voicemail tab on the ID App, and the Voicemail tab on the iPhone 11 Phone App just brings up CALL VOICEMAIL, there are no other options. Really appreciate your help if you have further suggestions. .... PETER

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Peter0727 

Unfortunately, there is no way to restore your previous Voicemail greeting message. We can only advise dialing 123 and setting up a new voicemail greeting message.

-Mohsin

Hi Moshin.

I’m not trying to go back to a previous Voicemail greeting that I have recorded, I’m trying to go back to the standard generic voicemail message that is there before you set up your own personalised voicemail message. Can I get back to this voicemail message?

Thank you

Hey @Peter0727 

To set a default Voicemail greeting, dial 123 from your iD Mobile phone, and press 1. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, 

Jade 

Hello.

There is no option 1 on calling 123. There is 2, 3 and 4. If I press 1 it says " That option is not available". Any other ideas?

🤞

... And further to my last message, I can successfully record a complete new message but when I revert to the system greeting it still has my voice saying my name before the system voice/announcement. The recording has caught my voice so badly that I want to delete it so the whole message is the system greeting, or if that is not possible then at least be able to rerecord my name.

Thank you for your help 🙏🏼

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi Peter,

We will send you a Private Message so we can discuss this further in a Private Chat. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages

-Mohsin​​​

Why iD Mobile?