Question

How do I cancel a SIM card that is used in a mifi router?

• 24 August 2022
  • 4 replies

I cannot see any codes that are sent to me by idmobile for verification purposes so how do I contact you to terminate my SIM card? Your Chat bot is not showing (have tried for two days). I will be cancelling the Direct Debit now.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Steve10, cancelling the Direct Debit (DD) for your iD contract does not cancel the contract.

Your account will fall into arrears without a valid payment method, which could result in the unpaid bill being passed to a debt collection agency.

iD Mobile will also flag the missed payment(s) in your credit file. 

Your MiFi router probably has a web interface that allows you to read any received text messages, by the iD SIM in the MiFI router - have a look in its user guide.

I’d recommend sending a private message about the cancellation to the iD social media team on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message).

This’ll be quicker than trying to get it sorted through the iD Community - anyway, good luck.

Thanks for trying to help. Have read the SMS messages using the web interface on a PC but they do not help.

I do not use Facebook or Twitter.

Now cancelling the contract via the post - registered/recorded delivery.

Cheers,

Steve

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not sure how you’ll see your final bill though?

I doubt iD Mobile will be posting the final bill - though you might get an email with a PDF facsimile.

Anyway, good luck getting your request processed.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Steve10 

I’d recommend following our procedure on how to cancel on the community post here!

TLDR; You can contact us via the Live Chat, via the iD Mobile App or via using a PAC/STAC code!

Please note cancelling direct debits will not cancel your services, only the payments made towards them.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?