Solved

How do I change the number of rings before going to Voicemail?

• 25 June 2018
  • 7 replies

Hi - how do I change the amount of time before the voicemail clicks in please ? I've tried various combinations of numbers and symbols but can't get it to work. I want 10 seconds or 15 seconds.
MotoG 5 Android phone, on iD (Obvs!!!)
icon

Best answer by sopperdoopy 2 July 2018, 18:55

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi - how do I change the amount of time before the voicemail clicks in please ? I've tried various combinations of numbers and symbols but can't get it to work. I want 10 seconds or 15 seconds.
MotoG 5 Android phone, on iD (Obvs!!!)

Hello @sopperdoopy,

By default, it's set to 30 seconds but you can amend this to anything between 5 and 30 seconds.

To make a change you will need to dial **61*123** followed by the number of seconds you'd like it to ring for and then add a # symbol to the end.

For example, to change the time to 15 seconds, you will have to dial the following

code:
**61*123**15#

Ryan
Thanks, Ryan. I've managed to do what you've suggested, but unfortunately the voicemail isn't working properly, and after trying a lot of unsuccessful solutions I've eventually managed to get them to agree to send me a new SIM. I'll report on how it goes once I've installed it.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @sopperdoopy,

I'm sorry to hear that you have still had issues after attempting the above change. Please do let us know how you get on after your SIM card change.

Ryan
Hi Ryan …….My voicemail doesn't work and the new SIM doesn't work. I've been through chat and phone call (both extremely long and complicated) and no one can help me. Eventually you agreed to send me a new SIM which arrived today. I've inserted it and it says it can't make or receive calls. My old SIM is [REMOVED SIM NUMBER] (no voicemail). The new SIM is [REMOVED SIM NUMBER]- no calls) HELP !!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @sopperdoopy,

By default, replacement SIMs are sent inactivated. They would need to be activated manually.

Have you since been able to get this done?

Mohammed
Thanks for this Mohammed. I've solved my problem which was actually caused by Ryan's post above. If you type in the number he's specified to alter the ring period it stops the voicemail working, which is what happened to me. Rather than '123' you have to put in the whole mobile number - ie 07xxx 333 123. Can't remember it exactly but it's on id's website.
Suggest you change the online advice as it just causes problems.
Luckily a guy at Carphone Warehouse diagnosed and solved the issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @sopperdoopy,

That's odd, I'm glad that this issue has been fixed and I'll be sure to get this fed back to look into a little further.

EDIT: I've also moved your posts to a new topic to clean up the original topic.

Why iD Mobile?