Question

How do i change the voice mail recording

• 5 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello. I am new to id mobile and I have to admit to being rather frustrated with the voicemail set up. You have to give the voice box a name with your recorded voice and it doesn’t then make sense with the pre-recorded recorded message and there seems no way to edit it. Can anyone help me please. Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Daisy01 

Could you let us know a little bit more about what you mean here?

You’ll need to record a message to set up voicemail, however once that’s done voicemail will work.

To re-record;

Call 123:
Option 3: Greetings menu
Option 0: More options
Option 6: Name for the system greeting
Option 3: Rerecord name

Tom

Hi Tom, 

Thank you for your reply. It appears when being on Chat with an id person yesterday, I was told that you have to use your own voice message, end of. I was only wanting to have a pre-recorded message like other phone companies automatically have set up, I didn’t want my voice or name mentioned. Anyway, in the end I gave up and went to re-record my message and then I called my number to see how it sounded it was a pre-recorded message, bingo! Don’t know how or why that happened. I have to admit that I do find the message system a bit strange. Just trying to get used to it all I guess.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Daisy01 

Glad to hear that’s worked out in the end, let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?