Question

How to contact idMobile for a replacement SIM?

• 28 August 2020
  • 1 reply

I am really disappointed with ID mobile.

I lost my phone so I tried to go to a Carphone House to get a replacement SIM. My first surprise was to see the 2 closest Carphone House stores were permanently closed. Then I tried to go to a Curry’s/PC World store (since apparently they are the same thing now). I asked the people wearing a Carphone House t-shirt in the store if it would be possible to get a replacement SIM, but they tried to dissuade me to from getting a SIM there saying that It would cost me money, it would be free if I ordered it online… Even when I said I would prefer to pay money to get the SIM on the spot they made up an excuse saying that the procedure would take ages and that it would be faster to do it online…

Disappointed I went home looked online and for the sake of frustrating me more, the information available on the website is completely outdated. They say that it is possible to ask for a replacement SIM via live chat, but that is not true, since there is no live chat available. They say you can call 0333 003 7777, but that is also not true, there is no option for replacement of lost SIMs and the recorded message asks you to use the live chat. (On top of that, since my phone was lost, I had no phone to realise the call in the first place, so I had to improvise).

I would like to be able to talk to a human that does not send me away from the store with no reason… Would that be possible? How can I do that?

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello there @abravalheri 

We’ll send you a private message here now so that we can get replacement SIM on it’s way to you.

Regarding the Live Chat availability.  On the Contact Us page, of our website.  A blue button would pop up once we have agents free there to speak to you.  It’s usually showing within a few minutes in most cases.  

Why iD Mobile?