Question

I haven't received my sim card and now I have no mobile connection

• 5 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I hope someone can advise. The live chat gives generic, unhelpful answers. I ordered a pay monthly sim on Thursday last week (31/11/2023) and I still have not received the sim as of today (5/12/2023) 

Foolishly when I placed the order I couldn’t fathom sending a little sim card would take so long in the mail so I provided my PAC and set the switch over as today. Low and behold my vodafone sim now no longer works. 

What’s annoying is iD Mobile keep spamming me with stupid welcome emails, telling me what I get etc etc - well, a sim card would be nice..!

What should I do? Should I wait another day to see if it comes? I don’t even know if I can go back grovelling to vodafone. I should have known there was a reason it was so cheap. Thankfully I can use WA to message and call people I need to with wifi, but if I’m not connected to wifi like when I’m at work then I’m stuffed. 

TIA,

Julie

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You can get a replacement iD SIM card from your nearest Currys store @juliero85, which might the quickest way of getting a SIM card for your new iD connection. 

To avoid the annoying 24/7 chat-bot, just type “talk to a person” after connecting on chat.

Userlevel 1

You can get a replacement iD SIM card from your nearest Currys store @juliero85, which might the quickest way of getting a SIM card for your new iD connection. 

To avoid the annoying 24/7 chat-bot, just type “talk to a person” after connecting on chat.

Thanks @andewhite, I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it appears tommorow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @juliero85 

SIM only orders are typically received via Royal Mail within 3-5 working days of ordering, if ordered on 30/11, we’d expect it to have been with you by  07/12, do you have it yet?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?