Solved

I sent my phone back to google...in June

• 29 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi 

In June my Google Pixel 3aXL phone from was on the blink - it starting phoning emergency services or being unresponsive, requiring a hard restart, twice. 

ID mobile weren’t taking calls as it was in the midst of covid so I contacted Google. They asked for the phone back, so I sent it using the documents they sent me. Since then nothing. My SIM is in my old IDmobile phone a 2017 Samsung A5.

Can you advise?

Thanks

Peter

icon

Best answer by Rory 1 November 2020, 15:11

Hi @PPugh1973, just to confirm, the repair was arranged through Google themselves? If so, we wouldn’t have any visibility on this, and you’d need to chase this up with them directly.

Let me know if I’ve misunderstood.

Thank you,

Rory

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @PPugh1973, just to confirm, the repair was arranged through Google themselves? If so, we wouldn’t have any visibility on this, and you’d need to chase this up with them directly.

Let me know if I’ve misunderstood.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi

Thanks for the reply here.

I have contacted google and had nothing back. Given I sent it in June after a faulty May, culminating with the phone spontaneously phoning emergency services whilst I was on a run (try convincing someone you don’t need ambulance when you are out of breath).

I recognise that ID wasn’t involved, but you had closed the phone centre as part of your COVID response, and my situation was covered by your FAQ system. As this phone has now cost me £100 just in phone payments for a phone I am paying for in a contract with you rather than google, how can I get a phone (please god not a Pixel, why I moved off Samsung I will never know) or cancel my contract?

Many thanks for any guidance with this 

Peter

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @PPugh1973,

I would look for an alternative way of contacting Google if the way you’re trying has been unsuccessful.

Will