ID Mobile experience

• 8 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Dealing with mobile contracts can be a hassle, especially if you're met with unhelpful customer service. A recent experience with iD Mobile left me feeling frustrated and disappointed. After taking out a sim only contract direct through ID Mobile website, I found a better deal which again directs you to take out via ID Mobile website direct. I called to see if they could just change my package to the one I saw but was told I couldn't, Instead I was advised to cancel my current contract and re-take the deal. Ironically the advisor on webchat who cancelled my original offer sent me the link to take the new one up and said yes it will go through she even asked for my order reference number which I provided, However, I failed the credit check. It's hard to make sense of it all, especially since the new deal was the exact same price as my previous one. I have now asked them to reconnect my previous deal with the hope this happens in 24-48 hours as promised but I have zero faith in this!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Danwillz183 

I’m sorry to hear this, however this would be the correct procedure, we wouldn’t be able to switch you to a plan you found after having purchased a plan already, we’d recommend checking around first before buying, then once you’re sure, purchasing your desired plan.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?