ID Mobile's signal coverage is just terrible, & getting worse.

• 18 August 2023
  • 29 replies

Userlevel 2

Since switching to ID Mobile the signal coverage on my phone is just terrible, & it’s getting worse.

It doesn't matter where I am in the country ( inside or outside ), the signal on my phone is so weak, & if I am inside I can pretty much guarantee that the signal on my phone will be so weak that I won’t be able to use the internet, & sometimes it will be so weak that I won’t even be able to make calls, & this from a mobile network provider that claims to use the 3 network, & claims that their network covers 99% of the UK.

The only way I can get a slightly better signal with ID Mobile is when I turn my phone to 3G only ( manual not auto ), but again, not without the problems mentioned above, but even if I do this my signal can still be full one minute & dead the next, even when I haven't even moved anywhere.

Also, it seems that I’m not the only one with signal coverage issues when it comes to the ID Mobile network as masses of ID Mobile users are complaining about this issue, not only on this forum, but all over the web.

Also, mine & my girlfriends phones are identical as I bought them together, however, my girlfriends phone uses a different mobile network & she has excellent coverage everywhere, so you can’t tell me this is not down to ID Mobile’s signal coverage.

I'm now thinking of switching to my girlfriends mobile phone provider, as what’s the point of having a  phone if you can’t use it 50% of the time because bad signal coverage.

It’s great that ID Mobile is a cheep costing mobile network provider, but I suppose you get what you pay for, & I’d rather pay more & have a phone I can use, especially when I have serious health issues so might need to use my phone in an emergency. ☹️

29 replies

Still having problems with with poor signal. I’m using my second SIM which is Vodafone because my ID SIM will not connect to internet. This has been going on far too long. See attached signal levels. Is it possible to be released from my contract with zero penalties as the product is unfit for purpose? Post code area is DE13 8DZ. I’ve been for a 1 mile walk towards the mast this morning and the best signal I got from ID SIM was 102db. Any further theories other than crap coverage?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Joolz,

I can see that from our network status checker there is, at times, heavy usage in this local area. As a result, you may experience varying data speeds depending on how many customers are connecting to our network via your closest mast. We’re always working to improve our network and aim to provide the best experience possible.

Do you see coverage improve at different times of the day or is it always the same?

Kash

That was the same excuse I was given last time I complained and thing are no better. Can you tell me when the usage is going to lessen so I can use the internet? I’m permanently having trouble hence the second SIM from Vodafone, which uses the same mast. I cannot make calls sometimes on the ID SIM, the coverage is that bad. Is it possible to cancel my contract without penalties because of the poor service?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That was the same excuse I was given last time I complained and thing are no better. Can you tell me when the usage is going to lessen so I can use the internet? I’m permanently having trouble hence the second SIM from Vodafone, which uses the same mast. I cannot make calls sometimes on the ID SIM, the coverage is that bad. Is it possible to cancel my contract without penalties because of the poor service?

Your Vodafone SIM would not be using the same network cell as your iD SIM, @Joolz

Unfortunately @Joolz, your iD contract has numerous caveats about the availability and performance of their network services. These basically say that iD don’t guarantee everything works perfectly, all the time, whatever your location.

Sounds like Vodafone is best option for you in the locations you’re using your phone most.

Why iD Mobile?