Solved

Is 5G available on SIM only 30 day contracts?

• 9 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I am on 02 4G   for mobile broadband at the moment but find the performance lacking with my Roberts internet radio.  Typically I get 150 down, 10 up and 35+ ms ping.   5G from Three is now available to me so I tried both Three and iD Mobile SIMs.  With a Three SIM I get 5G and an amazing 280 down, 60 up and ping of 19 ms and internet radio is happy.  With the iD SIM I only get 4G but a very good 150 down, 60 up and ping of 19 ms and the internet radio is equally happy as is HD video streaming and everything else.  Both Three and iD connect to the same cell 3409993 about 1km away with about the same signal level.

So the question is will I ever get 5G from an iD 30 daty contract SIM or do I have to go for a 12 month or longer SIM only contract to get 5G from iD Mobile.  I don’t want a new phone as I have a 5G Oppo Find already and an Oppo 5G router.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 9 June 2021, 16:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I’s my understanding that ID Mobile are in the process of rolling out 5G to their customers but only on selected phones at no extra cost!.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/5g

At the bottom of the page in the above link it does say:

Do existing iD Mobile customers get 5G?

Absolutely. 5G is available for free for all iD Mobile customers!

I also just went to the ID Mobile website and selected a 30 day pay monthly SIM and it says:

Get FREE 5G on our SIM only deals. Available on selected 5G phones, subject to coverage.

So providing you have a 5G capable device, one should connect to 5G providing they have 5G coverage in their area.

Why iD Mobile?