Question

Is EU roaming working?

• 27 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello community, I want to find out if others have been able to use EU roaming as usual recently abroad? 
I last went abroad October 2023 to mainland Greece, and I couldn’t use any mobile data, calls and texts were fine, and I had all of the roaming settings on my phone, I made sure. I had to use my partner’s hotspot or other WiFi the whole time we were there.  
I’m due to go away to Belgium in April and I’m really worried about history repeating itself and I won’t be able to access any mobile data, I just want to be reassured that my phone will be okay with mobile data otherwise again I will have to rely on my partner’s hotspot.

thank you! 

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Probably happened because the APN value in your handset was incorrect, @Jadee98

If the APN value is not “id” (in lowercase), roaming mobile data won’t work, but calls and texts are fine.

This issue can sometimes be fixed by a NETWORK RESET - the procedure for doing this is usually explained in your handset user guide. 

@andewhite  like everyone else on iD, I can’t see my APN settings on my phone. The network reset: is that when you go to reset and then reset network settings? I have an iPhone 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes @Jadee98, in iOS 17.3, the option is found at: 

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset, then choose “Reset Network Settings”. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jadee98 

I’d recommend trying the above suggested by @andewhite while abroad to get the correct APN settings.

Tom

My ID EU Roaming account has not worked for at least +14days,  Unable to get any support from ID

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @steveh8960 

Sorry to hear this, please could you let us know what country you’re having issues roaming in?

Have you tried the above suggested?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?