Question

Issues with both the mobile app (biometrics) and Web based laptop access

Userlevel 2

Since the software changeover, I’m having major issues with both the mobile app and the web based laptop access.

The mobile app asks me if I want biometric login enabled - but if I try to log in with a fingerprint I get an inane ‘Oops something has gone wrong’ (who designs this stuff? ‘Oops’ really?) message. If I then login using a password, I can at least log in, but if I then try to turn on biometrics from my account, I get the same inane ‘Oops’ message). Using Android 14 on Samsung Galaxy A14.

If I try to login from my laptop, it’s completely hit and miss. This morning I get a ‘Let’s Get Started’ message, followed by the email and password (with captcha) login route - but it goes nowhere. It just loops then on ‘Let’s get started’ over and over again OR I get a blank screen. I’ve cleared data/cache and retried - still with no joy. Using Firefox 124.0.2 on Fedora 38.

Any idea when this will be fixed?

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @steveTu 

Is it possible the saved password in your device for the new app is the incorrect one?

The team are aware of ongoing issues with the app, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Tom

Userlevel 2

No - I had to set up in the new app, so the stored password is correct in both the mobile and laptop (web) app. It must be correct as the issue is intermittant on the web app. I couldn’t get in this morning (it showed a blank screen or just looped on ‘Get started’) - but after umpteen attempts and probably an hour or so later, it connected ok. Just tried while typing this reply and I get the blank screen - as attached.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Appears the iD systems handling connections from their iD app and “My iD Account” online services, are not always capable of handling the number of concurrent requests made. 

Userlevel 2

If that is the case and it’s a volume issue, then surely giving a message other than ‘Oops’ would be sensilble?

Who on earth designs these systems and the error messages? I despair at the dumming down  of ‘stuff’ and trying to make systems appear to be tweely personal.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That would seem sensible, @steveTu.

Despite limitations, and least ‘old’ iD app and “My iD Account” online services were available and worked OK.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @steveTu,

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. Essential maintenance has been completed. The iD Mobile app and My Account online are back up and running for new registrations and existing users.

Want to leave feedback for the iD Mobile app? Click here.

You can find all the information at the article below:

Kash

Userlevel 2

I had exactly the same issues logging in on the web this morning  - ie I enter the email and passord and the log in just loops on ‘Let’s get started’. How is this resolved?

Userlevel 2

...just tried again and I get the ‘other’ issue - ie instead of looping, I just get a blank screen

Userlevel 2

...just tried the mobile app…

This asks for my email, then a password - then asks if I want to turn biometrics on. If I say yes and try to continue with my fingerprint, I get the inane ‘Oops….’ message. That then loops - or at least returns to the prompt of ‘Enable biometrics login’. To continue I have to choose ‘Maybe Later’.

I can then login. If I then select ‘Login details’ and try to enable biometrics, I get the same dummed down ‘Oops….’ message.

So nothing seems to be fixed this end at all.

Userlevel 2

@Kash 

See above comments….

Userlevel 2

Still occurring…..

Any idea when the apps will be fixed?

Userlevel 2

Still occurring - both web and mobile app.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps this extended period of IT systems maintenance for the iD app and “My iD Account” online will fix things?

Userlevel 2

Maybe, maybe not. If they think they’ve fixed things, they need to be aware that , for some, the isues still occur.

Maybe also - just maybe - if they’d actually tested the changes better - then the issues would have been less? Maybe?

Userlevel 2

On the web based application, I now get this error when logging in. I specify the EMail and then password and now this error comes up.

Why iD Mobile?