Question

leaving ID mobile- when should i cancel

• 10 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

my monthly contract has just ended today on the 10th and I wish to cancel my account. My pay period is on the 1st of the month. Am I correct that my line would be immediately disconnected if I cancelled today? I would like to wait until the end of my payment period- but will there be any additional charges to cancel then? 

thanks for any help.

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

There’s usually a 30-day notice period required to cancel your contract, @Emma Smith

There would only be extra charges if you used your iD SIM, in the notice period, for something NOT INCLUDED in your plan’s allowances

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Emma Smith 

If you wish to cancel and disconnect your number, there would be a 30 day notice period, we’d begin the process and then 30 days later the number and plan would disconnect.

If you wish to keep your number, you’d be best requesting a PAC code and giving it to your new provider, they’ll let us know to disconnect your account and give them the phone number.

You’ll be able to request either a 30 day disconnection or a PAC code in the iD Mobile app/website while logged in, or we can get in touch and assist with either.

In any case, while out of contract you’d pay for the time on the plan through to the disconnection date.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?