Solved

Leaving within 14 days & PAC code use.

Hello,

I recently started a phone and SIM card contract with ID Mobile. Unfortunately, I’ve had to to return the device within the 14-day cooling-off period due to patchy reception where I live. The customer service team provided me with a Return Transaction Number and the necessary details for sending the phone back, all good.

I also requested a PAC code and received this automated message:

Hi *****, your PAC is ****** and it expires on 31/05/2024. To switch your iD Mobile number to your new provider and disconnect your iD plan, simply give this PAC code to your new network before it expires. Your iD Mobile plan will remain active, and you will continue to be billed unless you use this PAC before the expiry date. If you use your PAC today, your estimated final bill will be £517.92 (excluding any unbilled amounts).

I know that is a standard message for someone under contract, but I’m a bit wary about being caught out on technicalities. I have a new sim arriving tomorrow from EE and will obviously want to initiate a number transfer right away. Am I likely run into issues here? I.e. am I going to get lumped with a huge bill before the phone has arrived and the return processed?

I did ask live chat, they didn’t particularly understand the issue.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by andewhite 2 May 2024, 15:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Kashinoda, you need to wait until your cooling-off period return has been processed by iD Mobile. 

When iD process your return, your iD account (set-up for your new network connection) is converted from pay monthly to PAYG. Once your iD account becomes PAYG, you can get a PAC to switch (the number you want to keep) to another provider. 

Thanks @andewhite, so basically keep using the ID sim until it flips over. Works for me.

Will I need to request a new PAC code at that point?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Your current PAC is valid for 30-days (expires 31/05/2024 it seems), @Kashinoda

Should iD Mobile process your return efficiently, you might be able to use the PAC you’ve got.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kashinoda,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know if you have any issues with the PAC or return and we can help.

Just get back to us here and we can PM you if required.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?