Question

mfa and otp

Userlevel 1

Just moved from vodafone to idmobile and I'm not receiving any one time passwords from any of the various websites I use.

Texts and calls from friends are working fine.

Can you help?

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This issue almost certainly needs to be investigated by the iD Tech Team.

Your best option is to contact an iD agent via their Live Chat service, who’ll be able to raise this as an incident for the Tech Team to investigate and fix.

You can also do this by privately messaging iD using facebook or Twitter.

If you don’t mind waiting, someone from iD will probably read your post in a few days time.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Magically fixed!  All mfa codes now arriving via sms!?  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s good news - and hopefully the otp messages too?
It seems it can sometimes take 1-2 days before everything settles down after a number port.

How long between the switch was it?

I got my new handset last Friday and put the PAC request in, so it happened on Monday and while I am getting most of everything else, I am still not getting the mfa & otp SMS messages, but I am getting standard SMS

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I got my new handset last Friday and put the PAC request in, so it happened on Monday and while I am getting most of everything else, I am still not getting the mfa & otp SMS messages, but I am getting standard SMS

Okay @TheRealTomTom, I recommend contacting iD Mobile via their Live Chat service.

Ask the iD agent to get the iD tech team to verify everything's OK with your account, following your number port.

To chat with a real person use the chat service between 9am - 8pm weekdays, and after connecting type “talk to a person” to avoid the 24/7 bot.

Okay @TheRealTomTom, I recommend contacting iD Mobile via their Live Chat service.

Ask the iD agent to get the iD tech team to verify everything's OK with your account, following your number port.

To chat with a real person use the chat service between 9am - 8pm weekdays, and after connecting type “talk to a person” to avoid the 24/7 bot.

Okay @TheRealTomTom, I recommend contacting iD Mobile via their Live Chat service.

I’m waiting on the reply from the tech team

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @TheRealTomTom, while you’re waiting for the tech team you could try forcing your device to use bog-standard SMS for messaging.

If you’re using an iPhone turn iMessage OFF.

It’s more complicated for an Android device, but the Google “How to turn chat features off” article should help.

Okay @TheRealTomTom, while you’re waiting for the tech team you could try forcing your device to use bog-standard SMS for messaging.

If you’re using an iPhone turn iMessage OFF.

It’s more complicated for an Android device, but the Google “How to turn chat features off” article should help.

Thanks, I’m on a Pixel 6 Pro

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @TheRealTomTom, the Google “How to turn chat features off” article should help.

Why iD Mobile?