Question

New S24 Ultra phone, sim card not recognised

• 5 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I’d like a little help as nothing seems to be work, app or sim.

Just received a new S24 Ultra with monthly contract. Phone ok, but sim isn’t working at all.

Tried in another phone (Note9) not working, tried my old Sky sim in S24 and that’s working fine.

Tried the airplane mode, switch off, restarted and cleaned sim.. still not recognised.

Not too happy with the amount of money spent on deal, i would’ve though by reading the simcard pack that the sim would work straight away.

Please someone advise,

Thanks

Paul

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Paul Ballard, new iD Mobile customers normally get an activated iD SIM card, so it should be ready to use.

If your new iD SIM doesn’t work in several different handsets, then it’s either faulty or it’s not been activated.

You can get a replacement from a Currys store, which would need to be activated before use.

This forum article may help.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for reply, but still problems.

My ID account still doesn’t work so how would i be able to activate the card once i do get another one.

Pretty shoddy if you ask me, i won’t be able to get any type of access till after the weekend, even then might be longer if the My ID Account part of the site still does not work.

Any chance someone form ID can just send me another pre-activated sim card?

Thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Paul Ballard, apparently while the iD app and iD account online services are OFFLINE, you’re able to activate a replacement SIM by chatting to iD Mobile customer service using their online Live Chat service.

🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Paul Ballard 

Are you still having issues with this?

We’d recommend the same as @andewhite and picking up a replacement SIM card from your local Currys store and activate it via the site below;

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/activate-sim-outside

If you still require any assistance with this or would like a SIM card sent out via DPD, please let us know so we can get in touch.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Picked up a new simcard for Currys and activated it and ported over number with no issues.

The guy at Currys said that it looked like the place i bought the phone from (mobiles.co.uk) didn’t fully process the order, so the simcard they provided wasn’t activated.

Now have a fully working phone and exceedingly happy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Paul Ballard,

Glad to hear this.

If you require further assistance, please let us know and we can help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?