Question

New SIM better deal than upgrade - I want to transfer existing number to new contract.

• 21 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I bought a new iDMobile SIM as it was a better deal than those offered in the upgrade section of the app. I now have two contracts but want to transfer the number of the old contract to the new contract (both iDMobile) before closing the old contract.

Can someone help me with this please?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @sebw7561, you can’t transfer a mobile number from one iD plan to another iD plan. 
If there’s a number you want to keep, with your new iD SIM deal, you’ll need to do the following: 

1. Get a PAC from iD for the number you want to keep.
  2. Give the PAC from 1) to another service provider (e.g. get a giffgaff PAYG SIM).
  3. Once the number you want to keep is working with the new service provider in 2), ask them for a PAC to transfer the number back to iD Mobile account you want to keep going forward. 

Just be aware you’ll need to setup a new online account for the new iD SIM deal with a different email address, and if your original account hasn’t finished its minimum contract term there’ll be an early termination fee - anyway good luck @sebw7561.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @sebw7561 

Unfortunately you wouldn’t be able to move a number directly between one iD Mobile plan to another one.

If you’d prefer to keep the new plan over upgrading the plan with the desired number it may be worth looking into the steps above from @andewhite and performing a triangle port.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?