Question

No data and minimal signal for 10 days

• 18 September 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi,

Both myself and my mum have had zero data (apart from in the middle of the night) for the last 10 days. General phone signal has also been poor.

Three suggest masts in the local area are being worked on but we’re both currently paying for a service we’re not receiving. 

To make matters worse I’m currently in the process of a house move and don’t have Wifi to fall back on!

What are my options? My mum is on a rolling 30 day contract but I’m in the middle of a 24 month contract.

Many thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, no UK mobile network service provider will guarantee 100% reception all the time, for any given location @Pezerinno - they’ve got numerous caveats for signal reception their terms & conditions.

Does the Three UK network status message look like below?
At my location this message has been displayed for over 12-months now.

Yes that is the message I've been getting - exactly the same every day.

I'm tempted to just cancel my direct debit and then complain when presumably they make contact.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Tempting as that seems, iD won’t contact you if you cancel the direct debit.

Any missed payments would be marked in your credit history, and iD just pass the overdue amount to a debt collection agency after a few months.

Is there a third party we can complain to? I'd hope a company can't legally charge us for a service that isn't usable.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are you saying that you haven’t got a good signal anywhere @Pezerinno?

You’d need to complain to iD Mobile first, so they have a chance to try and put things right.

Should that fail, you could then take your complaint to a third party.

I do get signal elsewhere just not where I live or work which is 95% of my phone usage.

How does one complain to ID Mobile?

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The iD Mobile complaints procedure is online here

Good luck @Pezerinno

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Pezerinno 

I’m sorry to hear this about your coverage, has this only been an issue since around 08/09/23?

How was signal in your location before this date?

Please could you let us know the postcode?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?