no service on my phone

• 26 April 2024
  • 3 replies

So all of a sudden I am getting ’no service’ on my phone. I can’t receive any calls or texts, nor can I call or text, no internet coverage.

Before I got to that stage, I received a text, saying ‘Great news! Your SIM activation is in progress. We'll send you a text once it's complete’

since then it has been more than 24 hrs without any network/ service. 

I don’t know what’s wrong? I took out my sim and reinserted, and restarted - still it didn’t work.  

Lauren 10 days ago

Hi @Mazafaza, apologies about that. It sounds like you may have a faulty SIM, or the SIM card hasn’t been activated as it should have been.

You would be able to pick up a replacement SIM free of charge from any local Currys store. Alternatively, one can be delivered to your address via DPD next working day delivery.

If you’d like us to set up a delivery and/or investigate further, just let us know here and we’d be happy to send you a PM.

-Lauren

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Mazafaza, apologies about that. It sounds like you may have a faulty SIM, or the SIM card hasn’t been activated as it should have been.

You would be able to pick up a replacement SIM free of charge from any local Currys store. Alternatively, one can be delivered to your address via DPD next working day delivery.

If you’d like us to set up a delivery and/or investigate further, just let us know here and we’d be happy to send you a PM.

-Lauren

Thank you Lauren for your reply. I went to Curry’s for replacement Sim, activated the sim and started working after a few hours.. Hurray!! 

and then, after 24 hrs or so - started showing ‘No service’ again!!! Enough is enough! it was really impacting my job not having network as most of my jobs are done via telephone calls.. 

so requested PAC and now I am on another mobile network. Goodbye Id mobile! Tata! Away from nightmares :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mazafaza,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about this and we would have certainly wanted to check the issues and fix them.

However if you require further assistance in the future, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?