Solved

No signal at home

Userlevel 1

Since moving home, I no longer have a signal at home anywhere other than one specific place in 1 of the bedrooms. Even then I can often hear the other person, but they can't hear me.. Wifi calling is switched on, but that never seems to make any difference at all.

Really starting to grate now, I've had 6 months of having to run upstairs when anyone calls, and still not know if I'll get a decent reception! 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 6 January 2022, 19:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Solfer, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If you’re still having trouble, there are a few things worth doing:

1. Check the iD Mobile coverage checker to see how the coverage is where you’re trying to use the network
  2. If the coverage checker says you should be able to get a good signal, then check Three’s network status checker to see if there’s any service disruption that might be affecting things
  3. If there aren’t any issues with the network, try restarting your phone. It’ll also be worth performing a network reset - Google “network reset” + the make and model of your phone if you’re not sure how

If you’re still having trouble after that, just drop us a line here.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Thanks Rory, 

I've been checking the first 2 suggestions since I moved here. Neither of those show an issue.

I regularly restart my phone and I've just tried the network reset option. Still the same.

And like I mentioned, WiFi calling still doesn't work for me. It drops in and out, but mostly out.

So I'm at the point where I can't use my phone for calls at home without this trip to the bedroom on floor 3!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Solfer, what handset are you using?

I rely on the iD Wi-Fi Calling service at home because I live in a mobile not-spot. I’ve not had any problems with Wi-Fi Calling - calling and SMS all work very nicely.

Userlevel 1

Poco X3 NFC

Userlevel 1

Sorry @andewhite forgot to tag you. I'm wondering if VoLTE might be an option..? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay thanks @Solfer, iD don’t offer Wi-Fi Calling support for any Xiaomi devices, so unfortunately that’s not an option for you.

VoLTE is also sometimes called 4G Calling, but again iD don’t support that service for any Xiaomi devices. 

You can check the supported Wi-Fi Calling devices on the following page:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

Generally speaking, if a device is supported for Wi-Fi Calling it is also supported for VoLTE.

If a device is not supported by iD, it may well work with Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE, but if it doesn’t you won’t get help to sort things out.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

OK that's good to know. So is there a list of supported phones? Maybe it's time to change.. 😅

Userlevel 1

Oops, just seen link thank you! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

OK that's good to know. So is there a list of supported phones? Maybe it's time to change.. 😅

Found myself in a similar situation when I moved home 5 years ago.

I was using an Android device, but Wi-Fi Calling support for Android devices was somewhat limited on all UK networks.

Took the plunge and switched to iPhone because they were supported by all UK networks.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

I detest Apple products so not an option for me 🤣 but appreciate the replies thanks again 👍 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Solfer Did you get this issue resolved? I’m having the exact same issue with no helpful support. Thanks! 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Orla well for some strange reason wifi calling suddenly started working for me..! No idea why when it didn't work too well before. Not much help to you though, I'm sorry 🙁

Why iD Mobile?