Question

number not fully ported

Hi, number ported a week or so ago, been sending WhatsApp, ring I got people and texting on a huwawei fine. Until I text one of my contacts and my imported number came up on his phone. But when I rang him he got the ported old/correct number. There are some contacts getting the correct ported number on text. But others getting my iD number which I don’t want. Help please!! 
huwawei phone. 

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Gillian Pleasance,

Did you port your number to iD, or have you ported your number away from iD to another mobile network? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Gillian Pleasance, I see from this thread you’ve joined iD Mobile and ported your number over to iD Mobile.

If you started using Messages by Google (with the chat features turned ON), after you joined iD and with the number you didn’t want to keep, this might explain the issue.

For Android devices, I recommend reading the following online support topics by Google:

1. Chat features by Google FAQ article
  2. How to turn chat features off article

Anyway, hopefully this information helps - good luck.

I don’t know what messages by Google is?

Sorry just to be clear I have a few contacts where the incorrect number is showing. Not the one I ported. But it’s only happening to a few people. Don’t know why Google messaging is that is being referred to. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Gillian Pleasance, it’s the app on your Android phone you’re probably using to send SMS text messages.

This doesn’t make sense to me. I’m not sure what it is I should be doing. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Gillian Pleasance,

1. What model Huawei phone are you using? 
  2. What version of Android are you using on your Huawei?

I don’t know. I don’t think it says on the phone anywhere. How do I find this out?

I think the android up is up to date. I can check. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Gillian Pleasance, sorry to hear this. I’d recommend speaking to the Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter teams, as they’ll be able to troubleshoot more quickly and raise a ticket for you if necessary.

Thank you,

Rory

Isn’t there someone we can call who can talk us through this step by step. It’s so frustrating that it seems the only way to resolve the issue is to join chat groups who don’t give you the answers to resolve your issue. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sadly you only get online support with iD Mobile.

You could contact Huawei UK support, who should be able to help you turn OFF the Advanced Messaging features on your Huawei handset, which hopefully will fix this issue.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

When you phone someone the person you are calling see's your ported in phone number correct?

When someone calls you on your ported in number, your iD Mobile (Huawei phone) rings and you can accept the call correct?

When you send an SMS (Text) some contacts see your ported in phone number but others see the temporary iD Mobile number correct?

Do you have issues receiving SMS messages to your ported in number?

As Huawei is banned by Google it does not use the native Google Messages app, it uses its own Huawei Messaging app. Have you looked for an option to disable RCS with the messaging app settings? 

Why iD Mobile?