Solved

Number not verifying

• 13 May 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I successfully set up my new sim and transferred my old number to it. However, after 24 hours, my number is still failing to be verified by Apple to connect it to my iMessages and FaceTime. I’ve done everything to resolve it and spoke to Apple who also have tried everything but the problem still persists. Apple suggested if it continues, to inform you and get a reference number so they can check if everything is ok your end before proceeding forward to engineering. Any support would be great. 

icon

Best answer by hazmilly1234 14 May 2022, 13:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Try:

iPhone Settings --> Phone --> My Number 

Make sure you have the transferred number and not the temporary number in this setting. 

Userlevel 1

That’s been done already. Trust me, I have tried every single option available, but keep the suggestions coming just in case there’s something I’ve missed

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You might be able to fix the issue by:

1. Sign-out from Apple ID on your phone.
  2. Turn OFF your phone.
  3. Sign-in at https://appleid.apple.com.
  4. Remove your iPhone device from your Apple ID account and sign-out.
  5. Sign-in at https://www.icloud.com and check your iPhone device is not listed.
  6. Turn ON your phone and sign-in using your Apple ID on your iPhone and re-check all the Settings.
Userlevel 1

I worked it out…I switched on my iPad and by signing out of my Apple id on my phone, Apple wanted me to verify and agree to using my number on my iPad, as this was the only device on my Apple ID. So, the reason my number was verifying whole time and not connecting to iMessage and FaceTime , was because it wanted me to verify it on my iPad which I happened to have on at the time. It was just by pure chance I discovered this - worked instantly. Seems with multiple device accounts, Apple verifies any number changes using the other devices.

Why iD Mobile?