Solved

Number porting hasn't happened

Hello,

my number was due to port from Vodafone to ID on 16/06.

I got a text to say the port was going to happen on 15/06, but then nothing after that.

Checking the status of both old (Vodafone) and new (ID) SIM cards - both now display my old number when accessed via the SIM manager on my phone, yet only the Vodafone SIM can make/receive calls or send SMS. The number assigned to my ID SIM has an engaged tone when calling it.

My ID account still shows the original ID number registered to the account not my old number.

I have contacted ID via chat several times and advised of the issue and they have said that there was an “issue with Three obtaining the files for the transfer” each time I contact them. They gave me an escalation number upon logging the issue in the first instance, which I have quoted each time I have contacted them, yet the status of the issue has not changed in three weeks.

I have requested the supply me with an update each time I have contacted them however as expected I have heard nothing at all.

What can I do in this situation please?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 14 August 2023, 14:48

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Wasn’t your old provider Vodafone @BayazMoon?

Not clear why an issue with Three UK obtaining the files for the transfer is relevant here @BayazMoon - surely, it’s iD Mobile who need to get the files from Vodafone.

FYI, mobility number portability is regulated by OFCOM and is supposed to happen within one working day of giving your PAC to your new service provider.

The gaining service provider is 100% responsible for the porting processes, so the consumer only has a single point-of-contact. iD Mobile are required to compensate you for each day the transfer is delayed, which isn’t much if you just want the number you’re keeping to be working normally.

Community members can’t access your iD account or your porting details, so your best hope getting this fixed is to contact iD customer support using iD online live chat.

The support team work until 8pm weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Wasn’t your old provider Vodafone @BayazMoon?

Not clear why an issue with Three UK obtaining the files for the transfer is relevant here @BayazMoon - surely, it’s iD Mobile who need to get the files from Vodafone.

IDMobile’s network provider is Three UK

Just contacted ID again via chat.
Had the same response as the last time regards an update on the issue.
I’ve now lodged a formal complaint and been given a complaint ref.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Indeed @BayazMoon - Three UK sell mobile network capacity (from their network) to iD Mobile, who provide services to their customers as an MVNO (mobile virtual network operator).

As before, mobility number portability is regulated by OFCOM and is supposed to happen within one working day of giving your PAC to your new service provider. The OFCOM rules make the gaining service provider (i.e. iD Mobile) fully responsible for porting processes, so there’s one point-of-contact for the customer. 

If you have an incident reference number, maybe consider calling iD complaints, on 0800 049 1300, to escalate the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @BayazMoon 

I’m sorry to hear that your port hasn’t happened on the date you’d expect it to, unfortunately it looks like there’s some port file delays between iD Mobile, Three UK and Vodafone, the teams will be working to get the files over to our network as soon as possible.

Tom

Hello, 

just an update on this. 
Porting still hasn’t happened - it has been 8 weeks now since the initial port date.

Numerous calls to the complaints team, no update provided from them beyond what I was told eight weeks ago - ie “we’re having trouble obtaining the files for the porting”

What are the escalation steps beyond the complaints team please?
Surely this would be a matter for OFCOM now?

If I wanted to cancel my contract how would this porting issue be handled by a new provider?
Would I need to obtain another PAC code from my original provider (Vodafone)?

Thanks in advance

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello, 

Numerous calls to the complaints team, no update provided from them beyond what I was told eight weeks ago - ie “we’re having trouble obtaining the files for the porting”

What are the escalation steps beyond the complaints team please?
Surely this would be a matter for OFCOM now?

Thanks in advance

The iD complaints process says if after 8-weeks or a letter of deadlock, your complaint is unresolved, you can refer your complaint to Ombudsman Services: Communications.

There’s more online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure.

Looks like iD Mobile have failed here - not sure how you’d keep your number though.
Perhaps the Ombudsman can assist with this aspect as well.

🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @BayazMoon,

We are very sorry to hear about the delay with this.

We can look into this here if you would like via PM or you can continue to deal with the Complaints Team.

If there has been a delay with the file exchange we will need to wait for the donor network to process the port which sometimes can take a little while.

Kash

Hi @BayazMoon,

We are very sorry to hear about the delay with this.

We can look into this here if you would like via PM or you can continue to deal with the Complaints Team.

If there has been a delay with the file exchange we will need to wait for the donor network to process the port which sometimes can take a little while.

Kash

Hi Kash,

Thanks for the reply

If you are able to assist via PM that would be appreciated

Thanks

Matt

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey Matt,

We can check for updates for you, however, we won’t be able to speed this up any quicker as mentioned above by my colleague, the only way this will complete is once we have received the files from the donor network.

We’ve done all that we need to on our part to complete the port.

That said, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Hello,

I had a message advising that my switch has finally happened.
However I cannot receive calls on my transferred number as it is still associated with the old SIM

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @BayazMoon 

Sorry to hear this, is the number provisioned in the settings correctly?

Are you on an iPhone or Android?

Tom

@BayazMoon  - i am facing the same issue and looking at escalation process, let me know the steps you followed

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @BHAVSMAH,

I can see that we have responded to you via another post.

We would advise that you get back to us there.

Kash

Hi

I I requested a number transfer with the switch due to happen on the 21st December. This has yet to happen. Who do I speak to so it can be sorted promptly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mark Chaff 

I’m sorry to hear this, are you still having issues with this?

Please let us know if you are so we can get in touch.

Tom

Yes - still not sorted. 

ID mobile have also taken the first payment, despite the port not being sorted. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mark Chaff 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?