Question

Number transfer problem, complicated! Please help

• 27 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Dear ID team,

I bought a phone and contract via Carphone warehouse with yourself a which started 10 days ago.

I successfully requested a PAC code, filled out the form online which was also successful. But then I received a text saying there was a problem with the information or something. So I tried again, heard nothing but then the old phone number stopped working on the old phone, and nothing has happened after nearly a week.

The old number was in my name with BT mobile but the phone itself used by my elderly father. We decided to put the contract with iD in my fathers name, which may have been why the first PAC transfer failed, but he has always used this number so the prospect of the number not transferring is a disaster. Importantly, after speaking to BT Tuesday 24th they said the 2nd request has worked, and my number was now no longer registered with BT and my contact terminated, however I’ve heard nothing from ID and now the old phone number isn’t working on the old phone, and we feel stuck in the middle.

Please private message me or provide an email I can contact on thanks

Audrey

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Audrey1234567 

Now that your number has ported away from BT, we would recommend powering down your phone and turning the phone back on again, this normally helps.

If you are still experiencing issues, please do let us know and we’ll be able to advise further. 

Why iD Mobile?