Solved

One time security Code for app not coming through - Please Help!

• 5 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, I’ve tried multiple times but unfortunately the one time security code to register the app is coming through via SMS.

This might be to do with the phone number change also happening today. 

Please can someone help?

icon

Best answer by Lauren 8 May 2023, 18:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

More likely there’s a problem on the iD side, sending the SMS with the code @JayKarim.

When I tried to register for my iD account, the SMS code was taking over 8-hours to arrive - the code is only valid for 15-minutes, so not much good.

Anyway, I just tried once or twice a day over a few days, and eventually the code arrived within a few minutes, as you’d expect.

Good luck @JayKarim.  

@andewhite thanks for the reply. Will try this approach over the next couple of days 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @JayKarim. This can happen while your number is in the middle of a number port. We tend to recommend only registering for the iD app after your number has ported over successfully, or before the request has even been made. If you’re still struggling to receive a verification code, it may be worthwhile contacting our live chat team. This is because they will be able to fetch one for you then and there before the code expires. 

Live Chat | iD Mobile Network

-Lauren

Hi - I joined iD a week ago, ported my number and have tried to register every day since. Whenever I request the security code nothing comes through. I've tried restarting my phone, taking out the SIM, starting without the SIM and then restarting along with a number of other suggestions. Is there a different way to register or get the security code?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Garry.Blean,

Are you using the iD SIM in the phone?

The code is sent to the iD SIM card so if you have requested a port, it won’t come to the new number until after the switch and would still be sent to the iD SIM card.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?