Question

Oppo reno 4 pro 5g

• 12 February 2024
  • 5 replies

How about adding the Oppo Reno 4 pro 5g to your approved list, because I cannot use 5g on my 5g phone. The Advertising Standards Authority has been made aware

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Pbe21 

If the approved list does not list a device, that means we cannot guarantee that our SIM and services will work while using that device, we’d add it to the list if we could guarantee that, but if we can’t (as you’re experiencing) that’s why it isn’t on the list, sorry.

In regards to the Oppo Reno 4 Pro 5G, it looks like we support this device for general services, however not for 5G services.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets

Tom

The phone receives 5g on Three and Smarty. I will be cancelling my contract at the end of the term. This is a non-answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Pbe21 

I’m sorry you feel what I said was a non-answer, it is the only correct answer to give, it is not supported for our 5G services, meaning we wouldn’t expect it to work.

Tom

You have falsely advertised that all customers can receive 5g signal. This is untrue. I have been conned into taking out a contract on the basis of false advertising which I have reported to the ASA. They tell me that they have issued you with guidance on the matter. I will cancel my contract at the end of the term and switch back to a proper provider which provides a decent service. That is not you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Pbe21 

Okay, I wish you the best of luck with this.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?