Solved

Oppo Reno 4z 5G

• 10 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know why the Oppo Reno 4z 5G isn't enabled to work on the ID mobile 5G network? I'm interested in the phone but can't see the point of having a 5G phone on a 5G ready network that I can only use on 4G.

Are there may plans to enable the phone to work on ID mobile 5G in the future?

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 10 July 2021, 11:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I have two of these handsets, both purchased SIM free from Argos. One works with 5G, the other does not. Both have ID Mobile SIM cards inserted and both SIMS are on the same plan. 🤔

ID mobile will not offer any support as it’s not on their list of supported handsets even though they sell it on their online shop. So expect 4G only! 😔

(Both phones work with 5G when tested on Vodafone UK)

Userlevel 1

Thank you for replying to my post. It makes no sense that ID mobile would officially sell the Oppo Reno 4z 5G and then not support it. It would be interesting to hear what ID mobile have to say about it but i suspect the reason they have failed to respond to you it they simply don't know. I'll think I'll go elsewhere as life's too short to try and figure this one out. Thanks again for your help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @tdru6445 

We can confirm that the Oppo Reno has not yet been approved for working with 5G on ID Mobile. We're working to officially roll out 5G to as many phones as possible over the coming months. On the below link, you can see the list of devices that are currently working on 5G with iD Mobile:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/5g

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohsin,

I appreciate your reply however as ID mobile officially sell the Oppo Reno 4z 5G and they only have a dozen or so approved 5G devices I'm not sure why ID simply couldn't test and approve another one. I have another 5G phone set up on the O2 network which I purchased sim-free and isn't specifically approved or sold by O2 which works fine so I'm still not sure why the Reno 4z 5G simply shouldn't work or even needs ID's approval.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @tdru6445,

We understand any frustration caused by this situation and we hope that the device is added to our approved list as soon as possible. The device will still connect to 4G of course which is why we sell the device. Please keep an eye out on our 5G posts for further updates.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?