Question

Pac code within 14 days of joining, wishing to leave / cancel ID contract

• 4 September 2021
  • 5 replies

I was a bit hasty taking my old number to ID mobile and want to cancel my contract, i have 7 days left to do this, will ID mobile still be able to give me a PAC code in circumstances so i do not lose my number when contract is cancelled?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Feargal 

Yes we can still arrange a PAC code for you.

What is your reason for cancelling, is there anything we can help with?

Regards, 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hi, i did get a PAC code as such yesterday but it said there was a £370 charge which is more than the whole contract cost and i have had my number more than 20 years so do not want to lose it.

Extremely slow  Data speeds  and no Wi-Fi calling means it is not working out for me.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Feargal 

We’ll need to arrange a return and disconnection before a new PAC code can be issued.

Have you purchased a SIM only contract or did you have a phone with your SIM?

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

I have the same question, I’d switched my number to ID yesterday (Friday 8th January 2022), however now I am looking to move to another provider and cancelling my ID contract, I want to take my number back with me. The network coverage in my home is extremely poor, mostly equivalent to having none.

It’s a 24 month pay monthly contract from Carphone Warehouse (Curry’s), including the phone and SIM, I am still within my 14 days return period therefore should not incur any additional charges in doing so. However, I have obtained a PAC code from ID and have been informed via the text message that if I use my PAC code to transfer, my final bill amount will be charged at £921.58 upon the termination of my ID contract. I have had ID for 3 days so that is obviously not in sync with the returns policy, plus that amount is even higher than the whole 24 month contract (£36.99 per month). 

I want to keep my number and cancel my ID contract, however, I should not be charged any fees, especially not something as ridiculously high that, as I am within my returns period. 

Unfortunately I have not had a good experience with ID overall, it is very difficult to get hold of anyone from customer services.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@fmj,

We are sorry about that.

If you wish to leave iD Mobile and keep your ported number you can return your order to your local Carphone Warehouse store.

Once the return is processed the number will change to a Pay as you go and we can then provide you with a PAC code to move your number without any charges.

If you move your number whilst still in the contract you will incur a termination fee.

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?