Question

Phone doesn't work in the USA

Hi, my phone simply will not work whilst in the USA.  I have all the togles turned on.  Am i doing something wrong or is the USA a no no for ID Mobile? Many thanks, Nick

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

There’s no 3G network in the USA - perhaps your handset isn’t 4G & 5G compatible, @Hubbo72

Maybe your iD account bill cap is £0, which would prevent: making and receiving calls; sending messages; using a roaming mobile data connection. 

Hi thanks for the response.  It's a brand new Honor Magic 6 Pro, definitely has 5g capability and is turned on.  Credit limit currently set at £75.  Just recieved my first text (3 days in) but still cannot send one back to the UK. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps the iD Mobile US roaming partner networks are ‘funny’ about some Chinese handsets, @Hubbo72.

Honor was owned by Huawei until 2020, and strangely doesn’t seem to have the USA as a region option on their website. It doesn’t seem Honor handsets can be purchased from mobile operators in the USA.

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Hubbo72 

Are you getting any bars of signal while in the USA?

It may be worth trying manually connecting to a network, our network partners in the USA are AT&T and T-Mobile.

What @andewhite says about the relationship between the US and Huawei/Chinese handsets could be a factor, however we wouldn’t unfortunately have any definitive answer for that ourselves.

Tom