Question

poor coverage in my area

• 17 April 2024
  • 8 replies

I live in Hersham Walton on Thames, KT12,

before taking the contract when i checked the coverage and even now with both ID and Three network it says very good network for 4g and good outdoor for 5g.

But from the time i bought the contract 2 months now, it is poor network and i cant get single line with 4g inside the house, and predominantly i cannot take calls at home, only to rely on whatsapp call. and also while travelling in car , mostly i cannot take calls as even 4G is struggling, only 5g is privilege in some areas that are not related to me.

I have a phone contract and am really not happy with the shift from my previous provider, as i never had the poor network issue for all these years.

on top, i cannot use WIFI calling too as even it is enabled, as the 4g is poor inside the house even that is not possible.

Please provide suggestions on what can i do??

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’re not within the minimum term of a 12 / 24 month contract, maybe switch to another service provider with better coverage at the locations important to you, @velan75.

Unfortunately, service providers online coverage checkers aren’t able to give the actual signal reception at any given location, merely a theoretical prediction of coverage. Sometimes the actual coverage is better than predicted - by the computer models - sometimes worse.

The https://mastdata.com site has information about actual coverage for many locations in the UK. 

It’s not clear why you can’t use the iD Mobile WiFi Calling service.

am supppose with the phone contract it is indeed 24 month contract. Yes , any help on WIFI calling atleast will help to pickup calls in my home.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This forum article might help to get you started with the iD Mobile WiFi Calling service, @velan75.
Also, double-check you’ve got an iD network approved handset.

Do this online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets.

believe me i tried the whole steps and it is all good as per the instructions, but still i dont get VOLTE icon (which i used to get with my previous vendor) and the phone i bought with ID contract and i can see that it is very well approved.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @velan75, VoLTE and WiFi Calling are different network services. 

Unfortunately, VoLTE won’t help at home if there’s no mobile signal indoors. Use of WiFi Calling might solve your issue of limited reception indoors, assuming you’ve got access to a Wi-Fi network at home.

I’m not sure all handsets display the VoLTE icon, when that service is available.

so with wifi calling enabled, should i be able to pick up in coming calls in the ID network?? which am not able to, not sure what more has to be done other than enabling the option in the network settings.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

so with wifi calling enabled, should i be able to pick up in coming calls in the ID network?? which am not able to, not sure what more has to be done other than enabling the option in the network settings.

To use the WiFi Calling service, your phone must be connected to a Wi-Fi network, @velan75

This forum topic might help in your situation, @velan75.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @velan75,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know if you require further assistance and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?