Solved

Poor mobile data signal at home (want to use three home signal)

• 18 April 2024
  • 4 replies

I am currently experiencing poor signal inside my home.

I was thinking about getting some device to boost the signal within my home, such as a femtocell. But it seems that iD don’t make a femtocell, but iD does use the Three network and Three have a femtocell.

If I was to get a femtocell from Three (the Three Home Signal), would that help boost the signal within my house?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 18 April 2024, 19:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

These devices have been superseded by WiFi Calling services, @akpai22

iD Mobile have a WiFi Calling service, which allows you to use your home Wi-Fi network to call and text.

Hi,

Yes, I have used wifi calling to help with this.

But I also want the option of using my mobile data inside the home.

I do have good wifi within the house, but sometimes I come in from outside and don’t want to switch to wifi to continue using the internet. I have unlimited data so I don’t mind staying on mobile data all the time just to save me the hassle of switching to wifi.

Would the Three mobile femtocell help with that?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not sure Three UK even sell the device nowadays, @akpai22

You might find a pre-owned device for sale online somewhere. There’s a possibility services on the iD network might not function as expected via a femtocell.

Are femtocell devices 4G and 5G compatible - could be important given Three UK are switching off their 3G infrastructure by end of 2024.

Seems UK mobile network operators don’t want the headache of supporting femtocell devices, so they’ve mostly adopted WiFi Calling solutions instead. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @akpai22,

Welcome to the Community!

It looks like @andewhite has answered your query.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?